- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PreSonus Quantum 4848 48x48, Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40946 000000000 L40946000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Quantum 4848 is the perfect solution for the recording professional to take their analog gear into the digital domain. The 1U rackmount 48x48-cha...Click To Read More About This Product
To get your free FaderPort, you must have purchased a Quantum or Quantum 4848 between June 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019. Entry Form must be received at PreSonus by October 1, 2019.
Offer expires 08/31/19Download Rebate
Integrate vintage gear with your DAW with Presonus' lightning-fast Quantum 4848 audio interface.
The Quantum 4848 is the perfect solution for the recording professional to take their analog gear into the digital domain. The 1U rackmount 48x48-channel interface is a fast, excellent-sounding interface that takes advantage of high-speed Thunderbolt 2 connectivity to achieve extremely low latency. Equipped with 32 inputs and outputs of DB25 line-level connectivity and pristine digital conversion with 120 dB of dynamic range, the Quantum 4848 allows you to bring vintage and boutique analog gear into your DAW. The interface also provides 16 additional channels of ADAT Optical I/O and a word clock. The 16 additional channels of ADAT let you tie in digital gear so you can expand your simultaneous I/O to 192 channels and the word clock will keep everything in sync.
Quantum 4848 also has incredible sound with audiophile-grade digital converters and low-jitter clocking to create a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. BNC word clock I/O and low-jitter clocking ensure the Quantum 4848 and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync for superior imaging.
You can also stack up to 192x192 up to 4 Quantum 4848 interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a 192x192 system. The interface comes with Studio Magic’s Plugin Suite and Presonus’ Studio One DAW featuring Pipeline XT, which lets you use your analog gear as plug-ins inside your Studio One session.
- PreSonus’ fastest and best-sounding audio interface
- Uses high-speed Thunderbolt bus
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate (120 dB dynamic range)
- 48x48; expandable to 192x192 by stacking up to 4 Quantums via Thunderbolt
- 32 channels of DB25 line-level I/O for connection to consoles, patch bays, etc.
- Dual ADAT Optical I/O and BNC word clock I/O
- Software-switchable input/output signal-present indicators on all 32 DB25 inputs
- Channel Profile modes enable switching between standard 32 analog + 16 ADAT input channels and 16 analog + 16 ADAT inputs for use with Pro Tools
- Studio One Professional and Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
- Free UC Surface software provides metering, ADAT I/O routing, I/O meter switching
Call or click to order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.