- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PreSonus StudioLive 312AI Loudspeaker
- Write a Review
- J04478 000000000 J04478000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ‹‹‹StudioLive 312AI delivers studio-monitor quality to high-demand live sound environments. Studio monitors are designed to accurately reproduce ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Studio-grade speakers for live sound environments.
The ‹‹‹StudioLive 312AI delivers studio-monitor quality to high-demand live sound environments. Studio monitors are designed to accurately reproduce music across a broad spectrum without signal loss or distortion but they can't handle the SPL demands of a live show. Conventional PA speakers can deliver plenty of volume, but except for very high-end systems, they can't deliver the extremely clear, accurate sound one expects in a studio. The StudioLive AI-series Active Integration Loudspeakers can deliver studio-monitor accuracy on stage-at a price that's acceptable for most performing musicians. Using the exact same coaxial technology that's in the Sceptre active studio monitors, PreSonus was able to create a loudspeaker that performs just like a very large, loud and extremely accurate studio reference monitor. Combine all of this technology with sophisticated networking and iPad control, and your live mixes will never be the same!
Introducing the 312AI
The StudioLive 312AI is an active PA speaker system with a 12-inch ferrite woofer and an 8-inch midrange driver and 1.75-inch titanium compression driver that are configured in a unique coaxial design and are driven by 2,000 watts of triamped, Class D amplification (1,000W for the woofer, 500W for the midrange driver, and 500W for the tweeter).
The rear of the StudioLive AI-series full-range systems reveals a combo XLR/TRS line input and an XLR microphone input with an XMAX Class A mic preamplifier and 12V phantom power, as well as an XLR mix output. In addition to the input mixer, you get speaker level-attenuation control and USB and Ethercon connections.
The lightweight plywood enclosure is pole-mountable and has two ergonomic side handles, interlocking stacking, and M10 fly points. StudioLive AI-series full-range loudspeakers feature dual-position pole mounts that allow you to mount the speaker atop a stand at 90 degrees or at a 10-degree downward tilt. Using the downward-tilt mount will focus the loudspeaker's energy onto the audience and avoid destructive reflections. This is ideal for situations where the loudspeaker is mounted atop a tripod stand and placed on a stage or where the pole-mounted loudspeaker is on the floor and the coverage area is relatively shallow (conference, coffee house, etc.).
Multi-way, non-coaxial speaker designs have long been the way to go in speaker applications. But they suffer from the changing relationship between the listener and the speaker elements: When you move around in the coverage area, the sound is inconsistent. Even more troublesome, the crossover point between the drivers can sometimes be audible.‹
Coaxial systems solve this by having the drivers on the same axis, thus providing a single point source for a consistent acoustic center. This results in symmetry of response on both the horizontal and vertical axis, at any given angle. The crossover transition is seamless (inaudible) at all angles. (By "symmetry," we mean that whatever response is observed at a given angle with respect to the axis, the same response will be observed at that angle in the opposite direction. The loudspeaker's behavior is "mirrored" about its axis.)
No driver is perfect, nor can a driver be made perfect with hardware alone; there are always compromises in physical systems. To overcome these driver compromises, many speaker manufacturers apply DSP in the form of a combination of multiband EQs but the processing is more or less an afterthought-it's not accounted for in the design of the transducer. This sorta works-more or less. So instead of taking the crude, old-skool approach, PreSonus partnered with Fulcrum Acoustic and licensed its high-end TQ Temporal Equalization, which, up until now, could only be found in very high-end speaker systems.
With TQ, the basic speaker and enclosure designs meet the fundamental physical requirements for accurate, clear sound-characteristics that cannot be obtained with DSP. The TQ algorithms deal with the remaining issues using multiple fully addressable, fairly large Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters to eliminate horn reflections and to correct linear time and amplitude anomalies. The hardware and TQ settings are designed to work together from the outset, rather than taking an existing speaker system and trying to correct it with DSP.
The future is Active Integration
‹‹Products that sense each other, interact and work together via wireless and wired communication, are seamlessly integrated with software, and run on extremely powerful CPUs-PreSonus has realized this dream with its new Active Integration technology. Active Integration incorporates communications, wireless networking, and huge amounts of DSP into a specialized, custom chip. Essentially, we've put a computer into these speakers, with enough processing power to handle not only the specialized TQ algorithms for tuning the coaxial system to near-perfection but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, EQ, and much more.
StudioLive AI series are the first PreSonus live-sound speakers to employ Active Integration technology, the same technology that is also at the heart of the StudioLive AI-series digital mixers and will be an essential technology in an entire ecosystem of PreSonus products in the future. Since StudioLive AI speakers have more DSP than a rack-mounted speaker-management system, you won't need any external processing devices. It's all built in, including graphic and parametric EQs, a delay, and a limiter, all of which can be controlled wirelessly.
Furthermore, the networking and communications features make Active Integration products incredible convenient to use. The StudioLive AI loudspeaker's Active Integration DSP also gives these groundbreaking new PA speakers wireless and wired control of all setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using the free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad, making these controls extremely easy to access and very convenient to use.
PreSonus SL Room Control (coming Spring 2014*)
The master control center resides in SL Room Control, a rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. Expected to be available in Spring 2014, SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
Thanks to Active Integration, all of your StudioLive AI speakers-including satellite systems-are networked and operate as a truly integrated system. A Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wired or wireless network. Once connected, you can create, edit, save, and recall speaker-setup parameters.
*The PreSonus SL Room Control application will be available to users
- 12" woofer, 8" midrange driver, 1.75" titanium compression driver
- 2,000 Watt, triamped, Class D amplification
- 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP, more processing power than 3 rack processors
- Temporal Equalization and Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- 4 operation modes; Normal, MP3, Floor Monitor and User
- Wireless networking with free software for Mac, Windows, and iPad*
- Line-level input with attenuation
- Speaker-attenuation control
- Balanced XLR Mix output
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Integrated M10 fly points and pole mounts
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control
Bring your studio sound to the stage. Order the StudioLive AI series PA speakers today!
- Configuration 3-way, triamplified loudspeaker system
- Frequency Response (-10 dB) 50 Hz to 23 kHz
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 56 Hz to 22 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB) 90 x 60
- Maximum Peak SPL 131 dB
- Crossover Frequency
- ?LF: (overlapped) 100 Hz - 1 kHz, HF: 1.8 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI) 10 dB, >500 Hz
- Directivity Factor (Q) 10.0, >500 Hz
- LF Transducer 1x12" Ferrite
- MF Transducer 8" CoActual
- HF Transducer 1.75" compression driver
- Type Class D
- Total Power Output 2,000W (total power without protection algorithms and limiter enabled)
- LF Power 2 x 500W
- MF Power 500W
- HF Power 500W
- Rated THD <0.05% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range 119 dB (A-weighted)
- Bandwidth 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Cooling Free air convection
- Input Channels 1 mic, 1 line
- Input Connector Types 1 XLR (F), 1 combo
- Phantom Power 15 VDC (Ch. 1 only)
- Mic Input Impedance 1 k?
- Line Input Impedance 10 k?
- Maximum Input +22 dBu
- Output Connector 1 XLR (M) - Mix out
- Controls Mic Level (Variable: Off to +48 dB), Line Attenuation (Variable: -24 dB to 0 dB), Speaker Attenuation (Variable: -24 dB to 0 dB)
- DSP Preset, HPF On/Off, Network Connected, Network Activity, Wi-Fi Setup, Wi-Fi On, Signal, Limit, Clip, Thermal
- Contour Presets Normal, LBR Source, Floor Monitor
- HPF 100 Hz, 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley
- Bit Depth 24-bit
- Sample Rate 96 kHz
- Material 15 mm Baltic birch
- Finish Chemline polyurethane
- Grille Powder-coated steel
- Dimensions (HxDxW)
- 23.8" x 19" x 20"
- (604 mm x 483 mm x 509 mm)
- Unit Weight 51 lbs (23.13 kg)
- Handles One on each side
- Monitor Angle 50
- Amplifier Protection Over-current, DC, over/under-voltage, over-temperature, high frequency
- Transducer Protection 4-ch. multi-threat limiter
- AC Power Input 100-230V, 50-60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power) 250W
- Rigging Points 12 M10
- Mounting 35 mm, 2-position
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.