- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PreSonus TubePre V2 Single-Channel Tube Preamplifier/DI Box
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H80979 000000000 H80979000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The masters at PreSonus have been designing preamps for a long time, and they always focus on audio quality first and foremost. Now they've upgraded ...Click To Read More About This Product
Improved quality in sound and design in the PreSonus TubePre preamp/DI box.
The masters at PreSonus have been designing preamps for a long time, and they always focus on audio quality first and foremost. Now they've upgraded on their most popular single-channel preamp, the TubePre v2 is focused on improving an already high-quality sound. Like the original TubePre, the new version is a fully professional tube preamp, with a dual-servo (no capacitors) gain stage that lets you boost the program signal to smoking hot levels without significantly increasing the background noise. Discrete components and high-voltage operation offer dynamic range and detail not found in other single-channel tube preamps in its class.
The TubePre v2 provides an even wider palette of sound options, and a much more focused tube saturation than the original TubePre. It has been upgraded to employ PreSonus' popular XMAX Class A solid-state preamp, which is followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. Twist the TubePre v2 Drive saturation control to add the "color" that only a hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube can deliver - from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
Housed in a rugged case, the TubePre v2 rear panel sports separate unbalanced 1/4" instrument and balanced XLR mic inputs and unbalanced 1/4" and balanced XLR line outputs. Plenty of professional extras including a high-pass filter, phantom power for condenser mics, polarity reverse switch and a backlit VU meter.
The TubePre v2 is more than a mic preamp, though. Thanks to its separate instrument and mic inputs, it also serves as a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. And it's small enough to carry almost anywhere, although you also can screw-mount it to a standard rack tray.
- XMAX Class A preamp input stage
- 12AX7 Dual-servo vacuum tube output stage
- Input Gain control
- 48V Phantom power
- 80 Hz High-pass filter
- -20 dB Pad
- Instrument input select
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter
- Clip LED
- 1 Unbalanced ¼" instrument input
- 1 Balanced XLR mic input
- 1 Unbalanced ¼" line output
- 1 Balanced XLR line output
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
Just when you think it can™t get any better, it does. Order the improved TubePre v2 today.
- Mic Input:
- Connector Type: XLR, female, balanced
- EIN: -131 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Î, A-wtd -128 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Î, unwtd
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5Hz - 120kHz, -3dB, +4dBu, unity gain
- THD+N: 0.01%, -10dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range: 115dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance: 1.3 kÎ
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Instrument Input:
- Connector Type: 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MÎ
- Analog Output:
- Connector Types: XLR, male, balanced 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output: +20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 51Î
- Tube Stage:
- Type: 12AX7
- Type: +12 VDC, 1A, center pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions: .5 mm O.D., 2.1 mm I.D., 9.5 mm length
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.