- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
QSC CX404 4-CH Low-Z Power Amplifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J10027 000000000 J10027000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The CX Series amplifiers are designed to meet the specialized needs of sound contractors. Featuring PowerLight switch mode power supply technology an...Click To Read More About This Product
Part of the Cx Power Amp Series.
The CX Series amplifiers are designed to meet the specialized needs of sound contractors. Featuring PowerLight switch mode power supply technology and features like gain control security panels and 70 volt direct models. Providing 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms and having the right connector set for ease of wiring, the CX404 is ideal for installation applications.
The CX amplifiers are equipped with many contractor specific features including 1 dB detented gain controls for easily repeatable settings and a custom security cover for tamper-proof installations. Active inrush limiting eliminates AC inrush current, cutting the need for power sequencers.
CX amplifiers also include an HD15 Data Port connector to interface with Q-Sys and QSControl networked audio systems, for remote amplifier monitoring and control.
4-channel CX amplifiers give you four channels in only two rack spaces-without compromising on power. Choose from three models - a direct 70 volt model and two low impedance versions, each equipped with exclusive PowerLight switching power supply technology to virtually eliminate noise and hum. With high output power, versatile loading options, high thermal capacity and unmatched reliability, the CX Series is the perfect solution to any permanently installed sound system.
With PowerLight technology, CX amplifiers take your sound to a whole new level. Not only does it give you tighter bass and clean transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability and gets rid of unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit. So unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
QSC's PowerLight technology takes your audio to an entirely new level. Delivering tighter bass and clean, transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability, and eliminates unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times per second through an ultra-low noise impedance circuit. Unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
- Compact size-all models only 2 RU and 14" deep for reduced rack cost and floor space
- Channels 1&2 and 3&4 bridgeable for maximum flexibility
- Active Inrush Limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- HD15 DataPort connector for Q-Sys and QSControl computer control and monitoring
- Custom integrated security cover for tamper-proof installations
- Variable speed fan for low noise
- 1 dB detented gain controls for fast and accurate gain settings
- Detachable Euro style input connectors
- DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge mono and parallel operation
- Exclusive PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33 Hz or 75 Hz on non-V models, 50 Hz or 75 Hz on V models)
- Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, protect and QSC's exclusive bridge mono and parallel input LEDs
- Barrier strip output connector
- Comprehensive protection circuitry including DC, infrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- High-performance Class AB+B complementary bipolar output circuitry
- Light weight-all models only 21 pounds (9.5 kg) for easier racking and shipping
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extended service contract
- All CX Series amplifiers meet the European Union's, 2006 RoHS directive to restrict the use of hazardous materials used in electronic devices
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.