Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
QSC PL380 PowerLite Amplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
QSC PL380 PowerLite Amplifier$2,399.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
2,500W per-channel power amplifier.
The PowerLight 3 Series is designed for the most demanding live audio users, whether in touring rigs or fixed installations. The most requested features of the PowerLight 2 series have been upgraded to deliver "the ultimate analog amplifier", while the QSC Dataport ensures full compatibility with advanced digital processing and QSControl.net. Three models range in power from 1250 watts to 4000 watts per channel at two ohms, all in two-rack space chassis that are only 15.6" (40 cm) deep and 22 lbs (10 kg).
In addition to higher power, the PowerLight 3 Series offers higher input voltage, selectable sensitivity, and easily adjusted rear panel switches with color coded LED indicators. For those users who simply want a high performance amplifier to go with their existing processor or console, the PowerLight 3 Series is an ideal choice, offering high power, excellent value, and zero signal latency. When complete integration of amplifier control, monitoring and DSP is desired, the PowerLight 3 Series is fully compatible with the QSControl.net BASIS networked audio platform, with its comprehensive drag and drop DSP functionality. Simpler DSP requirements can be met with the DSP-4 processing module.
EIA 1 kHz 1% THD
Comprehensive full range power ratings with explanations can be found in the following paper: Full Range Power Ratings for PL3 Series (PDF 308K) The flagship of the PowerLight 3 Series is the new 8000 watt PL380. This highly refined, all-switchmode amplifier incorporates nearly 40 years of QSC engineering experience, resetting expectations for Class D audio quality. The PL380 combines a pair of 4000 watt Class D amplifier channels with the well proven PowerLight supply, to deliver more than twice as much audio power as previous 2 rack unit PowerLight amplifiers. Reactive "back EMF" from the speaker is recycled to the power supply, and unmatched "plug-to-plug" efficiency of 85% keeps AC power needs to a minimum, while delivering more energy to the speaker.
Years of patient development have resulted in outstanding 20Hz - 20kHz audio performance, plus complete protection from normal hazards of the trade. Even simple features such as dependably silent, surge-free on/off switching indicate the special care taken to keep things safely under control. The most pronounced "sonic signature" of the PL380 is one of immense headroom, sailing through even the most difficult loads with no signs of stress or change of tonality.
For lower power applications, the PL325 and PL340 offer the same feature set, matched to upgraded versions of QSC's most advanced linear amplifier platform. Recent advances in power supply capacitors further improve power and low impedance performance, while continuing to offer the best available audio performance. As a result, designers have the choice of running a single type of amplifier throughout their rig, or matching amplifier performance to specific transducer types.
In keeping with normal QSC design standards, back-to-front airflow provides up to twice as much long-term average power as most competitors, without dumping hot air into the rack. All PowerLight 3 models are built in the same chassis size, with common back panel layouts to facilitate easy racking and hookup.
- PowerLight switchmode power supply for highest efficiency and improved audio performance
- Flow-thru air path and solid aluminum heat sinks for maximum cooling
- DataPort supports remote computer control and/or external DSP-4 modules
- Detented gain controls with 1 dB steps for precise calibration
- Removable knobs with lock-out security plate to prevent unauthorized tampering
- User defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filter per channel (3 Hz, 30 Hz, or 50 Hz)
- Three selectable input gains (26 dB, 32 dB, or 1.2 V)
- Front and rear panel LEDs indicate status of switch settings at a glance
- Parallel Dataport, XLR/M and XLR/F connectors for simple loop-through connectivity
- Neutrik Speakon and "Touch Proof" binding post outputs
- Neutrik Powercon power cable remains secure on the road
- 3 year warranty, plus optional 3 year extended service contract
Part of the PowerLite 3 Series. Order yours today!
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.