- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Cherry Picker Studio Preamp Selector
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H94492 000000000 H94492000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial Cherry Picker is a unique tool designed to improve efficiency and workflow in the studio by simplifying the process of matching the best p...Click To Read More About This Product
Four-channel studio microphone preamp selector.
The Radial Cherry Picker is a unique tool designed to improve efficiency and workflow in the studio by simplifying the process of matching the best preamp with a microphone for a given track. This is most often done when recording vocals. This improves the sonic character of the track and provides the vocalist with a more comfortable sound, which in turn allows for a better performance.
Four front panel 'radio style' selector switches select the active preamp while automatically disconnecting the mic from the others. Completely passive and 100% discrete, the Cherry Picker features a 'straight wire' signal path. There is no active circuitry whatsoever in between the mic signal and the preamp. The audio signal switching is performed by a series of military-grade gold contact sealed relays for zero coloration and distortion to ensure a fair and honest comparison between preamps.
The rear panel is equipped with a balanced XLR input for the microphone and four balanced XLR outputs to feed the various preamps. When using a studio condenser, the Cherry Picker internally generates 48V phantom power so that switching between preamps will not disrupt the phantom power going to the microphone. This could otherwise cause severe popping in the audio system and headphones. Separate ground lift switches for each output help reduce noise by eliminating ground loops plus a handy mute switch turns all outputs off, enabling the engineer to leave the preamp settings untouched when testing out other mics.
- Select the best mic & preamp combination
- Passive 'straight wire' color-free signal path
- Built-in 48V phantom power for condenser mics
- Improve the workflow efficiency in your studio
Cycle through up to four mic preamps to choose the best one for your source.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.