Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Radial Engineering Komit Compressor Limitertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Radial Engineering Komit Compressor Limiter
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An auto-tracking compressor limiter that does the hard work for you.
The Radial Komit is a feature-rich compressor-limiter that simplifies the process of dynamic manipulation while expanding upon creative tone shaping. At one end is a super-clean compressor that delivers amazing results with single knob control. At the other, an old-school diode bridge clipping limiter goes from 'vintage to nasty'. But don't let the minimalist approach deter; the Komit provides exceptional flexibility by integrating a series of automatic functions that are both musical and intuitive.
The design begins with an auto-detecting feed-forward VCA that reads the incoming program material and reacts 'real-time' to the time constant. Set the 3-position attack-decay switch to slow for vocals, medium for instruments and fast for percussion. As you increase the ratio, the Komit FlexKnee compression dynamically adjusts the pivot point, seamlessly transitioning from soft to hard knee for more natural results. Yet unlike most limiters that are designed to be transparent, the Komit Clipper is designed to introduce personality to your recordings. The Clipper simulates the sound created by old-school diode bridge circuits from the early days of radio. These clip the input signal when they exceed the headroom. Same deal¦ only here, you are in complete control. Ten settings are graduated from mild harmonic overload to extreme nasty. Think of Nine Inch Nails.
To ensure absolute signal integrity, full size discrete electronics are employed throughout while the vintage style Hammond broadcast transformers add extra warmth to the signal path. A variable level control provides gain make-up or can be used to drive the Clipper for added distortion. Dual ballistic VU metering makes it easy to simultaneously view compression and output when making adjustments. Designed for use with all 500 series racks, the Komit can be linked for full stereo operation. When used with the Radial Workhorse, the Omniport is assigned as a key input for frequency dependent compression, de-essing, ducking or any number of dynamic manipulation effects.
The Komit is the ideal compressor to compliment a 'gold' channel strip. Feed the mic into a PowerPre, an EQ and the Komit can keep dynamics under control for more professional results.
The Komit can be set to stereo mode by linking two Komits together. This is great for mastering. And even though the two units will share the same time constant, independent compression retains the full stereo image.
Use the key input (via the Omniport on the Workhorse) to automatically duck a guitar track (lower the level) when the vocalist begins to sing. Simply connect the TRS output from the PowerPre into the Omniport key input.
- Single dial auto-tracking compressor-limiter
- Old school diode bridge clipping limiter
- Brick wall setting for set & forget recording
- 100% discrete with Hammond broadcast transformers
Control dynamics with the simplicity of single dial control.
Komit Compressor Limiter Specifications:
- Circuit type: Feed Forward with True RMS Sidechain
- Power Requirement: 72mA, ± 16VDC
- Compression Ratio - Normal: 1:1 to 10:1
- Compression Ratio - Brickwall: 1:1 to 25:1
- Limiter range: +4dBu to +21dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz20kHz, -2dB @ 20Hz
- Maximunm Output: +22dBu
- Maximum Gain Make-Up: +20dB
- THD+N: 0.025% @ 1 kHz.
- Intermodulation Distortion: < 0.1% @ 80Hz/3kHz
- Input impedance: 9.6k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 140 Ohms
- Threshold: -10dbu or +4dbu
- Maximum Gain: Key input to detector
- Warranty: 3 Years Size: Standard 500 Series format
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Compliance API: Yes (VPR Alliance)
- Compliance WHOS-Doc: Yes (Radial Workhorse 500 Rack)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.