- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering McBoost Microphone Signal Intensifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J35880 000000000 J35880000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
There is something about Radial products that just charms. Sure, it's the rugged I-Beam construction, a standard in production excellence that seems ...Click To Read More About This Product
Signal boost for ribbon and dynamic microphones.
There is something about Radial products that just charms. Sure, it's the rugged I-Beam construction, a standard in production excellence that seems perhaps lost on a lot of today's musical equipment manufacturers, but it's more than that. The McBoost is an example of what makes Radial users such loyal customers. It is a microphone signal booster that increases the output of dynamic microphones for greater transient response, or boosts the notoriously low-outputsignal of a ribbon mic to usable levels for mixing consoles or preamps that may not provide enough gain.
The 100% discrete Class-A circuit design begins with a dual-transistor J-FET circuit to produce up to 26dB of gain without introducing noise, color or artifact. Each individual transistor is carefully measured and batch-sorted to comply with the design specification to certify performance. As with all Radial products, the circuit board is then loaded into a 14-gauge I-beam reinforced steel enclosure to prevent outside stress from torquing which otherwise could lead to premature part failure. A book-end cover creates protective zones at each end to safeguard the switches, potentiometer and connectors from the rigors of the road.
Simply connect the McBoost in-line using standard 3-pin XLRs and activate 48V phantom to provide power. Select between three impedance settings to optimize the response from the microphone. The McBoost will elevate the output to produce added clarity, excitement and extra drive for long cables whether you are in a recording studio, on a live concert stage, or in a broadcast center.
- 26dB signal booster for dynamic & ribbon mics
- Extends dynamic range and microphone reach
- Uses standard 48V phantom for power
- 3-position load switch and variable gain
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.