- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Space Heater 500™ Series Tube Drive
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J31998 000000000 J31998000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed for use in the Radial Workhorse or any other 500 series rack, the Space Heater is built around a 12AX7 tube. First, a drive control lets you...Click To Read More About This Product
Studio-grade tube distortion for the 500 series format.
Designed for use in the Radial Workhorse or any other 500 series rack, the Space Heater is built around a 12AX7 tube. First, a drive control lets you determine the amount of signal passing through the tube. Next, a 3-position heat switch allows you to apply 35, 70 or 140 volts at the plate to change how the tube reacts to the signal. At the low 35V setting the tube is starved for voltage which causes the tube to break up at a very low volume. The middle 70V setting is a great starting point and allows the tube to handle more level before breaking up to a moderate distortion. At 140 volts, maximum voltage is applied to the tube producing slight saturation and warmth. Sweepable high-pass and low-pass filters can be assigned 'pre or post' tube, allowing you to focus the tube effect on a particular frequency band or cause the tube to react in a different way. Finally, an output level control provides attenuation or boost through an oversized Jensen transformer specially selected for its big bottom end and vintage character.
Enhancing a snare with a touch of distortion can increase presence without losing dynamic range. Blending in some overdrive to a bass track can add clarity without overpowering. Adding distortion to a vocal track can add character and sizzle to cut through the mix without over-compression. The Space Heater 500's amazing 'adjustability' allows it to be used as a subtle effect or as a high gain monster. And no matter your approach, it is sure to find its way on nearly everything you record.
- Studio grade 12AX7 tube overdrive
- 35, 70 & 140 volt Heat switch to set plate B+ voltage
- Transformer coupled output for vintage tone
- Variable HPF & LPF filters to focus distortion
Everything from subtle warmth to thick and heavy harmonic distortion, order the Space Heater 500 today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.