- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering StageBug SB-4 Compact Active Piezo DI
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L58781 000000000 L58781000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The StageBug SB-4 allows you to retain the natural tone of your piezo-equipped instrument when amplified through a PA system. Unlike typical direct b...Click To Read More About This Product
Compact active direct box optimized for piezo transducers.
The StageBug SB-4 allows you to retain the natural tone of your piezo-equipped instrument when amplified through a PA system. Unlike typical direct boxes, the SB-4 features a very high 5 meg ohm impedance that smooths out troublesome peaks that give piezo transducers a bad name. This higher impedance also broadens the frequency response for a more natural and pleasing sound. The active circuit balances the audio signal to enable long runs up to 100 meters without loss, while delivering spectacular linearity and low distortion throughout the audio range. Output connections include an aux out for a stage amplifier plus a standard XLR output to feed the PA.
Control feedback on stage
To help eliminate feedback on a live stage, the SB-4 is equipped with a high-pass filter and 180° polarity reverse switch. The high pass filter eliminates excessive bottom end which in turn reduces resonance that can cause the instrument to vibrate. The 180° polarity reverse helps reduce acoustic hot spots on stage by changing the phase relationship between the PA system and room acoustics which can combine at certain frequencies to create peaks.
- Active DI optimized for piezo transducers
- Smooths out peaks & eliminates squawk
- Powered by 48V phantom, no batteries required
- Compact design fits in your instrument case
Reduces feedback, maximizes signal quality. Order today.
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, HPF
- Input Connectors: 1/4"
- Output Connectors: XLR
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: 48V phantom power, 5mA
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.