- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Workhorse 500 Series Rack and Mixer
- Write a Review
- H74107 000000000 H74107000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial Workhorse is a modular rack and mixer that combines the popular 500 series platform with an incredibly flexible patching system to let you...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Lets you create the ultimate studio environment
The Radial Workhorse is a modular rack and mixer that combines the popular 500 series platform with an incredibly flexible patching system to let you create the ultimate studio environment.
Equipped to handle up to eight modules, the Workhorse lets you mix and match preamps, EQs and compressors and bring them all together in one rack.
Individual modules may be accessed on the rear panel following the traditional API format or bussed to the built-in 8x2 summing mixer for left-right signal panning, level control and muting. Once mounted, a unique 'feed' functon lets you configure modules to feed one another in series to create the channel strip of your dreams!
The master section features a traditional virtual ground mix buss combined with the superb sonic performance of Jensen Transformers on the main mix outs. A separate stereo monitor output provides playback, plus a super-loud dual-output headphone amp lets the engineer share the mix with the artist. Multiple Workhorses may be ganged together using the expansion buss to build 16, 24 or even 32 channel systems.
Rear panel connectivity is extensive: Each channel is equipped with traditional XLR input and output. This is augmented with ¼" TRS jacks for balanced or unbalanced connectivity. A special Omniport jack delivers module-specific functionality that can range from an extra output, ducking input or effects insert depending on the module design. The Workhorse comes ProTools-ready with 8-channel D-subs for the inputs and outputs plus third D-Sub gives you access to the built-in summing mixer for those that prefer the added warmth of analogue summing. Powering concerns are addressed with a unique 'pooled' supply that shares 1200 milliamps of current between the available 8 slots. This allows high current demand modules to exceed the usual limitations of other 500 series racks without the worry of brown outs.
Plug and play easy to use, the Workhorse brings the fun, excitement and creative advantage of warm-sounding analogue to the modern \ digital studio.
Designed to fit inside a standard 19" rack, the Radial Workhorse allows up to eight 500 series modules to be loaded at any one time and connected to the back-plane via a 15 pin card-edge connector. Each module access port is equipped with independent inputs and outputs following the original API specification and is augmented with an internal mix buss for stereo recording.
- 500 series 8 slot rack with 8x2 summing mixer
- Feature rich mixing with module selector, pan control, level adjustment and peak indicator for each channel
- Bulletproof design is backwards compatible
- Plenty of current for power hungry modules
- Dual output headphone buss for monitoring
- Quiet and flexible routing with white noise and cross talk kept to a minimum
- Expansion bus lets you Master/slave configure several Workhorses
Cusotmize a recording system for your needs!
- Circuit type: Virtual earth mix buss Integrated operational amplifier - Class AB Max output level: +22dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Voltage Gain: Up to +23dB on the main output
- Distortion: 0.007% @ 1kHz with 10dB in and 10dB out 0.05% @ 20Hz with 10dB in and 10dB out
- Crosstalk: -65dB
- Signal to Noise: -91dB with +20dB output
- Card Slot Inputs: Eight balanced XLR, ¼" TRS, D-SUB
- Card Slot Outputs: Eight balanced XLR, ¼" TRS, D-SUB
- Card Slot Impedance: Depends on modules used
- Internal Mix Buss: 4.75k Ohms input coupling resister
- Summing Mixer Input: DB-25, Unbalanced +4dB/-10dB with up to +20dB capacity; input impedance = 4.75K Ohms
- Main Output: Balanced stereo output; XLR, ¼" TRS; Jensen transformer isolated; +4dB (to +22dB)
- Main Inserts: ¼" TRS - tip = send; ring = return
- Monitor Output: Balanced stereo output; XLR, ¼" TRS; transformerless; +4dB balanced (to +22dB)
- Connector Wiring: XLR: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), Pin-3 (-); TRS ¼": tip (+), ring (-), sleeve ground
- Headphone Out: ¼" TRS Stereo - 2.8VRMS @ 8 Ohms (up to 7VRMS depending on headphone impedance)
- Ground: Red: audio, Black: chassis
- Power Supply Input: 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- Power Supply Output: 1600mA - External switching type with 5-pin XLR, 48V phantom;
- Dimensions: 19" wide x 5.25" tall x 7.44" deep 482.6 wide x 134 tall x 189mm deep
- Weight: 22lbs / 10kg
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.