- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
RME Fireface 802 USB/FireWire Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- J18817 000000000 J18817000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fireface 802 renews RME's reputation built on the legendary Fireface 800. 60 channels of audio, high-end microphone preamps, reference class conv...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Redesign of a studio standard.
The Fireface 802 renews RME's reputation built on the legendary Fireface 800. 60 channels of audio, high-end microphone preamps, reference class converters, a complete effects section and operation at up to 192 kHz are the base for many more features:
Ultra-low latency operation with USB or FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. Active jitter suppression, individually switchable reference levels for all inputs and outputs, full stand-alone functionality, RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and identical operation on Windows PC and Mac.
TotalMix FX, RME's digital high-end mixer and signal router, driven by two powerful DSPs, with integrated EQ, Dynamics and Reverb/Echo effects at up to 192 kHz, plus a built-in monitoring controller.
The full-blown feature set also includes optional Class Compliant mode and operation with TotalMix FX for iPad, RME's app to fully control the 802 from the iPad, without any computer. The easy to use app includes metering for all 90 channels plus effects bus, different setup screens, and complete control of all features.
The Fireface 802 is a highly integrated pro audio solution, a full-blown studio, all within a 19 in. enclosure. An interface designed for users who don't want to make compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation, and who long for an unrivaled professional feature set. Once again a milestone interface from RME, including the best of the best and even a bit more.
- New look with improved usability
- Dedicated Control Room section for the main output (e. g. studio monitors) and other monitoring outputs (e. g. phones). All existing stereo output channels can be freely assigned as source for the control room section channels.
- Four definable groups for Solo, Mute and Faders
- Switchable Mono and Stereo channel view
- Channel Options: Stereo Width, MS Processing, Phase L/R
- Trim mode: Adjusts the volume for all routed signals of a channel simultaneously, equalling a hardware's trim functionality as well as a Post-FX Send function.
- Unlimited Undo and Redo
- Much, much more
Order today and experience all of the refinemnts of a state-of-the-art interface.
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP SP2 (32- and 64-bit)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or up (Core Audio)
- Windows and Mac OS X drivers are completely identical in terms of features and functionality, as far as this is possible on the respective platform
- Some features in DIGICheck are not available in the Mac version
- AD, Line In 1-8, rear
- Resolution AD: 24-bit
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 113 dB RMS unweighted, 116 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 5 Hz - 20.8 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45.8 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 92 kHz
- THD: < -110 dB, < 0.00032 %
- THD+N: < -104 dB, < 0.00063 %
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input sensitivity: 8 kOhm unbalanced, 12 kOhm balanced
- Input sensitivity switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Microphone In 9-12, front
- As AD, but:
- Input: XLR, electronically balanced
- Input impedance: 3.4 kOhm
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 116 dBA
- Gain range: 54 dB
- Maximum input level, Gain +6 dB: +10 dBu
- Instrument In 9-12, front
- As AD, but:
- Input: 6.3 mm TS jack, unbalanced
- Input impedance: 800 kOhm
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Maximum input level, Gain +6 dB: +21 dBu
- DA, Line Out 1-8, rear
- Dynamic range (DR): 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 20.8 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 89 kHz
- THD: -104 dB, < 0.00032 %
- THD+N: -100 dB, < 0.00063 %
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.