- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rode VideoMic Pro Super Cardioid Condenser Mic
- Product H75795
The R˜DE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional compact shotgun mic.
The R˜DE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is a high resolution 1/2" condenser capsule that provides broadcast quality audio via a 3.5mm mini-jack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels). A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
An innovative suspension system separates the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. A lightweight and flexible yet robust multi-strand cable provides significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable while ensuring a high definition signal.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras such as the Canon 5DMkII, Canon 7D, Canon 1D, Canon 550D/T2i, Canon 60D, Nikon D7000, Nikon D5100, Panasonic GH1 and Panasonic GH2. This boost in the microphone output allows the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting. Note that cameras with proprietary shoe mounts will require an adaptor or alternative mounting solution.
The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery. The R˜DE VideoMic Pro compact directional on-camera microphone is covered by R˜DE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year warranty
Order a broadcast quality recording condenser microphone today!
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: super-cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Î
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KÎ load)
- Maximum Output Leve: l6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KÎ load)
- Sensitivity: 38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: 9-volt battery (Over 70 hours operation from 9V alkaline battery)
- Weight: 85.00gm
- Dimensions: 95.00mmH x 43.00mmW x 150.00mmD
- Output: 3.5mm mini jack