Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Roland Cloud Cloud JUPITER-8 Software Synthesizer (Download)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
Legendary ‘80s polysynth, now available as a DAW plug-in.
A King is Born
Produced between 1981 and 1984, the JUPITER-8 was the pinnacle of Roland synthesizer engineering. Master-crafted with a now-iconic design, the eight-voice polyphonic synthesizer boasted deep programmability and a sweeping dynamic range.
The JUPITER-8 was a must-have for professional synth players and well-equipped studios throughout the ‘80s. Beloved for its robust analog sound and hands-on programmability, it’s famous for its unmistakably lush pads and cosmic leads. Named after the largest planet in the solar system, the list of hits featuring the instrument is huge and diverse.
Plug In Your Own JUPITER-8
The JUPITER-8 Software Synthesizer is a detailed recreation of the original, capable of the same rich pads, tectonic basses and evocative leads as its hardware counterpart. Featuring eight-voice polyphony, 16 individual analog oscillators, and two or four-pole resonant filters, the virtual JUPITER-8 is a wildly customizable composition tool. From cross modulation to oscillator sync, the synth’s expansive effects parameters reward deep exploration. Newly added modern features include:
• Onboard reverb and tempo-syncing delay
• Tempo-syncing LFO that locks to your project
• Extended oscillator range
• Condition knob adjusts the sound of the JUPITER-8—clean and pristine to warm and broken in
The JUPITER-8 also supports our PLUG-OUT format, providing intuitive, hands-on operation with Roland's SYSTEM-8 hardware synth. Parameters are automatically mapped to the SYSTEM-8's controls, giving you a full-featured JUPITER-8 you can take to the stage without a computer. It's also possible to use the SYSTEM-8 or a Roland Boutique JP-08 for one-to-one, hands-on control of the software plug-in.
Sign up for Roland Cloud today to experience the colossal, otherworldly sound of the JUPITER-8. Craving more of that distinctive brand of Roland analog synthesis? Check out the JUNO-106, another of their classic keyboards with a distinguished pedigree.
To install an instrument with a Lifetime Key, you must have a Roland Account. To create your Roland Account, download Roland Cloud Manager, create an account/log in, download your instrument, and redeem your Lifetime Key.
“One of the greatest analog synths of all time.”—Reverb.com
- Maximum Polyphony: 8 voice
- LFO: Waveform (SINE, TRIANGLE, SAW, SQUARE, RND1, RND2), Rate, Delay Time, KEY TRIGGER (ON, OFF), TRIGGER ENVELOPE (ON, OFF)
- VCO Modulation: Modulation (VCO-1, BOTH, VCO-2), LFO Modulation Depth, ENV-1 Modulation Depth, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Switch (MANUAL, LFO, ENV1+, ENV1-, ENV1+, ENV1-)
- VCO-1: Waveform (SAW, PWM, TRIANGLE, SINE, SQUARE, NOISE), Range (64', 32', 16', 8', 4', 2'), Cross Modulation
- VCO-2L: Waveform (SAW, PWM, TRIANGLE, SINE, SQUARE, NOISE), Range (64', 32', 16', 8', 4', 2'), Oscillator Sync
- Source Mixer: VCO-1 Level, VCO-2 Level
- HPF: Cutoff Frequency
- VCF: Cutoff Frequency, Resonance, Slope (-24 dB, -18 dB, -12 dB), ENV Modulation Depth, ENV Modulation Switch (ENV-1, ENV-2)< LFO Modulation Depth, Key Follow, Velocity Sense
- VCA: Level, LFO Modulation Depth, Velocity Sense
- ENV-1 (VCF): Attack Time, Decay Time, Sustain Level, Release Time, Key Follow (On/Off)
- ENV-2 (VCF/VCA): Attack Time, Decay Time, Sustain Level, Release Time, Key Follow (On/Off)
- Effect: Type (OVERDRIVE, DISTORTION, METAL, FUZZ, CRUSHER, PHASER), TONE, DEPTH
- Delay/Chorus: Type (DELAY, PANNING DELAY, CHORUS 1, CHORUS 2, FLANGER, DELAY + CHORUS), TIME, LEVEL
- Reverb: Type (AMBIENCE, ROOM, HALL 1, HALL 2, PLATE, MODULATION), TIME, LEVEL
- Controller: BEND SENS PITCH, BEND SENS FILTER, MOD SENS PITCH, MOD SENS FILTER, PORTAMENTO, LEGATO (ON, OFF), BEND RANGE, BEND GAIN (1, 2, 3, 4), TEMPO SYNC (ON, OFF), KEY ASSIGN (POLY, MONO, UNISON), KEY HOLD (ON, OFF), OCTAVE (-3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3), CONDITION
- Arpeggio: Arpeggio Mode (UP, DOWN, U&D, RND), Arpeggio Range (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Tune: 430 Hz--450 Hz
- Plug-Out Hardware SYSTEM-8
- Plug-In Formats: VSTi 2.4 (64 bits) * Windows only, VSTi 3.6 (64 bits), AU, AAX
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
- Patches Preset: 64
Go old school with your new school setup and this amazing Roland recreation. Order today.
Cloud JUPITER-8 Software Synthesizer (Download) Specifications:
- System Requirements (macOS)
- Operating System: macOS 10.10.5 or later
- Host Application: VST instruments (VSTi) version: VST 3.6 compatible , Audio Units (AU) version: V2 Audio Units compatible
- PLUG-OUT Hardware: SYSTEM-8
- CPU Intel: Core i5 or better (Quad-core CPU recommended)
- RAM: 4GB or more
- Hard Disk: 100 MB or more
- Display Resolution and Colors: 1280 x 800 dots or higher, 16.7 million colors or more
- Other: You'll need Internet connectivity to activate this software. The SYSTEM-8 driver must be installed on your computer to connect this software to the SYSTEM-8
- System Requirements (Windows)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 , Microsoft Windows 10, Incompatible with Windows RT, Windows Phone or virtual machines, such as Hyper-V, Virtual PC
- Host Application: VST instruments (VSTi) version: VST 2.4/3.6 compatible
- PLUG-OUT Hardware: SYSTEM-8 CPU Intel Core i5 or better (Quad-core CPU recommended) RAM: 4GB or more
- Hard Disk: 100MB or more
- Display Resolution and Colors: 1280 x 800 dots or higher, 24-bits Full Color or more
- Other: You'll need Internet connectivity to activate this software. You'll need Adobe Reader (available free of charge) in order to read the online help. The SYSTEM-8 driver must be installed on your computer to connect this software to the SYSTEM-8.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.