- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland STUDIO-CAPTURE USB 2.0 Audio Interface
- H95741 000000000 H95741000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the new STUDIO-CAPTURE, Roland once again raises the performance standard for computer-based audio production. The latest addition to the acclai...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Flagship 16x10 interface with 12 premium mic preamps.
With the new STUDIO-CAPTURE, Roland once again raises the performance standard for computer-based audio production. The latest addition to the acclaimed CAPTURE family boasts 12 premium-grade mic preamps, an industry first for a compact USB audio interface. A total of 16 audio inputs, 10 audio outputs, and MIDI I/O offers massive connectivity for pro-level setups, all in a single, tabletop unit that fits easily into a travel bag. Other top-flight features include 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, comprehensive front-panel metering, XLR monitor outputs with dedicated level control, dual headphone outputs, rock-solid drivers with VS STREAMING technology, and much more. Durable, portable, and ready to take on large-scale recording projects both in the studio and on the road, STUDIO-CAPTURE stands head and shoulders above all other USB audio interfaces on the market.
TOP QUALITY FOR MODERN AUDIO PRODUCTION
Combining pro-level audio performance, abundant I/O, and a versatile mobile design, STUDIO-CAPTURE is a powerful solution for today's musicians, composers, and recording engineers. It delivers quality equivalent to dedicated rackmount audio interfaces costing much more, all in a compact, go-everywhere package that's equally suited for traveling production, tabletop use in home studios, or permanent installation in commercial studios with the included rack ears. The 16 audio inputs, 12 mic preamps, and flexible monitor mixing allow you to track most bands without adding any additional hardware, or simultaneously connect multiple synthesizers and other devices in large-scale composing setups. To take on really big projects, you can seamlessly expand your I/O to 32 inputs and 24 mic preamps simply by adding a second STUDIO-CAPTURE.
12 PREMIUM MIC PREAMPS
Among its many standout features, STUDIO-CAPTURE offers 12 digitally controlled mic preamps (VS PREAMPS), built with premium-grade components for exceptional low-noise performance, high headroom, and transparent sound quality. 12 XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, with four inputs conveniently located on the front panel for quick and easy access. Available on each channel is independent phantom power, a low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression, accessible via the included software control panel.
GENEROUS AND FLEXIBLE I/O
STUDIO-CAPTURE is equipped with a total of 16 input channels and 10 output channels. With the versatile, space-saving combo jacks, each of the 12 XLR mic inputs can alternately be used as a balanced/unbalanced ¼-inch line input, while inputs 13-16 have their own dedicated rear-panel TRS jacks. Inputs 1 and 2 can be switched to Hi-Z operation for connecting guitars and basses directly, while inputs 15/16 can be assigned to the coaxial digital input. Eight analog outputs are provided on TRS jacks, with the main stereo outputs mirrored on XLR jacks. Two additional outputs (9/10) are available via a coaxial digital jack. STUDIO-CAPTURE also features MIDI I/O, with Roland's proprietary FPT processing for superior high-speed performance.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE VS STREAMING TECHNOLOGY
STUDIO-CAPTURE offers high-resolution, 24-bit recording at rates up to 192 kHz, with incredible stability and industry-leading low-latency USB performance provided by Roland's proprietary VS STREAMING technology. All current Mac and PC DAW platforms are supported through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers. Thanks to VS STREAMING, you can expand your I/O by using two STUDIO-CAPTUREs on the same USB bus without compromising stability or audio quality.
AUTO-SENS: PERFECT LEVELS AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON
Unique to Roland's CAPTURE family is the innovative AUTO-SENS feature, which makes it fast and easy to set perfect input levels every time. Just press the dedicated front-panel button, play your connected instruments, and STUDIO-CAPTURE automatically sets the ideal recording level for each input in seconds. Useful for pros and beginners alike, AUTO-SENS is great for quick, fail-safe audio capture when recording a fully mic'd drum kit or an entire band.
COMPREHENSIVE MONITORING AND METERING
Bright, responsive LED meters let you keep an eye on levels for individual input and output channels and the MONITOR OUT, while dedicated input channel buttons and other intuitive controls make it easy to navigate the built-in display. The MONITOR OUT section features a dedicated LEVEL knob for control room volume, plus a DIRECT MONITOR knob for listening to selected input signals. Two headphone jacks-each with their own level knob-allow a musician and engineer to monitor at the same time without additional hardware.
FLEXIBLE MONITOR MIXING WITH EFFECTS
Beyond traditional audio interfacing, STUDIO-CAPTURE offers four independent Direct Mixers for zero-latency monitoring, operated via the software control panel. Powered by STUDIO-CAPTURE's internal DSP, each mix can be routed to any of the outputs, perfect for sending custom monitor mixes to headphones, speakers, or recording devices. Mix configurations can be saved for later use, providing quick setups for many different applications. A high-quality reverb processor is available for monitoring, allowing singers and instrumentalists to record dry tracks while listening to great-sounding ambience effects.
- High-performance USB 2.0 audio interface for studio and mobile production
- 16 audio inputs and 10 audio outputs, including 12 premium mic preamps (VS PREAMP)
- VS STREAMING delivers ultra-stable, low-latency driver performance for Windows and Mac
- AUTO-SENS intelligently sets optimal input levels for all preamps
- Individual input/output meters and input channel buttons
- Four independent, software-controlled monitor mixes
- XLR monitor out, direct monitor, and dual headphone outputs with independent front-panel level knobs
- Coaxial digital I/O; MIDI I/O with FPT
- Expand your I/O by using two STUDIO-CAPTUREs together, both controlled with a single driver
- 2U rackmount ears included
16-channels of high-performance USB2.0 recording on you computer, you deserve this. Order today,
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Sampling Rate: 192 kHz, 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz Record: 16 channels Playback: 10 channels
- Signal Processing
- PC interface: 24 bits AD/DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Rate
- AD/DA Conversion: 192 kHz, 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz DIGITAL (IN/OUT): 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level (variable)
- Input 1-12 jacks (XLR type): -60 to -2 dBu Input 1-12 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -54 to +4 dBu Input 13-16 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -20, -10, +4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT 1-8 jacks: +4 dBu (balanced)
- 18 dB
- Output Impedance
- OUTPUT 1-2 jacks (XLR type): 600 ohms (balanced) OUTPUT 1-8 jacks (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 2k ohms (balanced) PHONES: 47 ohms
- Frequency Response
- 192.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 60 kHz (+0/-2 dB), 20 Hz to 90 kHz (+0/-8 dB) 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 40 kHz (+0/-2 dB) 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 22 kHz (+0/-2 dB) 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Residual Noise Level
- INPUT 1-2 -> OUTPUT 1-2: -90 dBu typ. (SENS = min., Input terminated with 600 ohms, IHF-A) * Input channel fader = Unity
- Dynamic Range
- AD block INPUT 1-2: 105 dB typ. (SENS = min.) DA block OUTPUT 1-2: 114 dB typ.
- Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- INPUT 1-12 jacks *1: XLR type (balanced, phantom power *2: DC +48 V (unloaded maximum), 10 mA (maximum load)) INPUT 1-16 jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced) PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type OUTPUT 1-8 jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced) COAXIAL IN jack: RCA phono type (conforms to IEC60958) COAXIAL OUT jack: RCA phono type (conforms to IEC60958) MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors USB port: USB Type B DC IN jack *1 INPUT 1-2 jacks support high impedance *2 Provided on all XLR-type input jacks. Current value is per channel. Total must not exceed 50 mA.
- Hi-Speed USB
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Current Draw
- 1.6 A
- Owner's Manual Block Diagram leaflet AC adaptor STUDIO-CAPTURE Driver CD-ROM Rack mount angle x 2 USB cable License agreement
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 284 mm
- 11-3/16 inches
- 162 mm
- 6-7/16 inches
- 89 mm
- 3-9/16 inches
- 1.9 kg
- 4 lbs. 4 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.