- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Product H68563
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Sample Logic's award-winning team presents Cinematic Guitars; a powerful collection of morphed guitar instruments harnessed in a remarkably adaptable...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
A sample library of morphed guitars geared for film, TV, game, and electronic composers.
Sample Logic's award-winning team presents Cinematic Guitars; a powerful collection of morphed guitar instruments harnessed in a remarkably adaptable "core effects sequencer" engine, powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt Player. Derived entirely from true electric and acoustic guitar recordings by guitar guru Steve Ouimette (known for his work on the Guitar Hero franchise) this library is not a traditional guitar sample library. Rather, it is an extensive collection of atmospheres, instrumentals, and percussives unlike any ever heard before.
Taking it one step further, Cinematic Guitars gives you the power to create and manipulate custom instruments using the first ever "core effects sequencer" designed by Sample Logic and built into the Kontakt engine. This library is all encompassing, exploring infinite timbres and emotions through its unprecedented collection of over 1000 instruments and multis, starting with bizarre, dark, euphoric, spiritual, electronic sounds and going far beyond.
- Atmosphere/ambient soundscapes and stinger construction kits
- Morphed guitars, synths, and pads
- Melodic and percussive tempo-synced loops
- Melodic and percussive arpeggiated/gated instruments
- Percussive impacts, big hit ensembles, and kits
- Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional effects
Performance-ready multis (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
Over 125 score-ready multis:
Additional multis included in Cinematic Guitars were created by award-winning composers:
- Bill Brown (CSI NY, Wolfenstein [VG], Rainbow Six [VG], Ghost Recon [VG])
- Jesper Kyd (Assassins Creed I & II [VG], Unreal Tournament [VG], Splinter Cell [VG])
- Trevor Morris (The Tutors, The Hills Have Eyes II, Pirates Of The Caribbean II, Stealth, The Island)
- Deane Ogden (Hit List, The Way Home, Surrogates, The Sensei)
- Atli –rvarsson (Vantage Point, Babylon AD, The Fourth Kind)
- Chad Seiter (Fringe Season 1, LucasArts' Fracture, LOST: Via Domus, UP [VG])
- Steve Tavaglione “ Performer & Sound Designer (CSI: Las Vegas & New York, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Revolutionary Road)
- Over 1,000 instruments and multis recorded and processed at 24-bit/48kHz, delivered at 24-bit/44.1kHz
- 9 GB sample library (uncompressed)
- 5.8 GB via Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression
- Kontakt Player 4.1.1 or higher
- Kontakt (Player) 4 supports: Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS, DXi, ASIO, Core Audio, DirectSound, WASAPI
- Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions on both Mac and PC
- Minimum System Requirements
- PC: Windows XP (SP2, 32bit) / Vista (32/64 Bit), Windows 7 (32/64 Bit), Pentium or Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Minimum of 2 GB RAM
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars:
The sound quality of the morphed guitars, landscapes, percussion, etc. are very good. Please be aware that a lot of the guitar sounds in this library are pre-recorded phrases (e.g the bullfighter phrases). I truly wish they would have included more of these with the library, rather than the four or five generally provided. I really wish they would have included more of the bowed guitar phrases, these are amazing. Also, most of the library, including the ambiences, are somewhat dark sounding, i.e. this library is geared for people who want to score a CSI episode or combat video game. I wish they would have included some lighter fare for those of us who are not writing a score for the next X-men movie, or scoring something for the sci-fi channel. Also, the mod wheel option on most of the sounds seems to only modify Hi/Lo pass EQ. It would have been nice if the software provided more options for modifying other sound design elements on the fly. Also, it would have been nice to have the option of having dryer samples, or being able to break out the sounds in some of the layered samples for tweaking. If you are not looking for a library of mostly heavy sounds with heavily processed loops and sci-fi sounding pads and presets, this is not the library for you. It is a unique addition to your current library, however, and some of the sounds could fit into any modern production.
I had to rate this product as a 9 for the features provided because of the core effects processor that comes with the software. You can tweak distortion, filter, lo-fi, chorus, delay, reverb, etc. The built-in sequencer is a lot of fun to use for unique sound design and rhythm. I also like the way the libraries are organized, making it easier to find the sounds you want (multis, instruments, stingers, atmospheres, etc.) The interface set-up is also very user friendly.
The sound quality of most of the sounds are well done. The only exception I would add is with the instrumentals (guitars you play in real time). If you are buying this library to have realistic sounding playable guitars (el. guitar, strat, nylon, etc.) you are going to be very disappointed. Sample Logic is known for its morphed sounds. The intrumental guitars in this libary are not better than that old 90's yamaha keyboard you purchased. It is still difficult to make dry sampled VST guitars sound realistic with all of the intonations you would hear playing a real guitar. If you want a realistic sounding strum guitar, or solo guitar, you will probably do better to purchase one of the Musiclab VSTi products. I also have enjoyed the playability of the guitars in the Gypsy sample libary from EastWest.
For a sound library this large, it is not uncommon to pay around this price.