- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
sE Electronics Gemini II Dual Valve Tube Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H78929 000000000 H78929000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Gemini II dual valve microphone is a no-holds-barred piece of microphone history. The dual valve design means pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 in...Click To Read More About This Product
A larger-than-life answer to your vocal tracking needs.
The Gemini II dual valve microphone is a no-holds-barred piece of microphone history. The dual valve design means pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 input valve, coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage. The result is an incredibly large, detailed, and intimate sound–reminiscent of the classic valve microphones from decades ago, but with a thoroughly modern twist.
Most microphones use a transformer to optimize the mic's output impedance and couple the mic to the mic preamplifier. With the Gemini II, this optimization is accomplished with a second vacuum tube, negating any high-frequency roll-off typically incurred with a transformer.
This provides the Gemini II with a sparkling, pristine high-end typically only found in the most expensive solid-state microphones, while maintaining the rich, thick tonality of a tube mic.
Not just for vocals, the bass cut filter and -10dB pad make the Gemini useful for loud and heavy sources like drum room mics and booming timpani.
The Gemini II comes packaged in a wooden presentation box next to its custom shockmount and robust power supply, all within a secure and solid flight case.
- Dual-valve design
- Dual-tube design to negate high-frequency roll-off
- Bass-cut filter and -10dB pad
- Comes with wooden box, custom shockmount and power supply
Call or click to order today.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 145 dB (with pad)
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Tube
- Switches: Pad -10 dB
- Phantom power required: Power Supply
- Weight (mic/PS): 43.2 oz/59.7 oz
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.