- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sennheiser MK 8 Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J15399 000000000 J15399000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
At the heart of any studio is the primary vocal microphone. If one of the "holy grail" microphones is not in your price range but you are committed t...Click To Read More About This Product
Large diaphragm vocal mic with selectable patterns.
At the heart of any studio is the primary vocal microphone. If one of the "holy grail" microphones is not in your price range but you are committed to great vocal sound, the Sennheiser MK8 is an excellent option. The MK8 is a dual-diaphragm true condenser microphone with five switchable polar patterns, a 3-position switchable low cut/roll-off filter and a 3-position pad switch. It features two 24-carat gold plated 1" diaphragms in a rugged metal housing with a shock-mounted capsule and safely sheltered electronics.
The MK 8 offers a great solution for advanced home recording applications and project studios alike. It is the microphone for people who pour all of their passion into their audio projects. The MK 8 offers sophisticated options to sign off your sound with your own personal handwriting. The dual-diaphragm condenser microphone delivers warm and precise sound reproduction. Its five independent polar patters allow for a multitude of recording applications and sound design options.
No matter which mixing desk or recording device is used, the MK 8 matches the input sensitivity with a 3-step attenuator. Two adjustable filters compensate for the proximity effect as well as low frequency rumble or structure born noise. The MK 8 has dual one-inch diaphragms precisely spattered with 24-carat gold. The shock-mounted capsule is accommodated within a sturdy metal housing.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 140 dB
- Capsule: Condenser
- Pattern: Multi-pattern
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage, theatrical
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Case: Pouch
- Clip: Hard rubber
- Power supply: No
A great choice for any studio. Order today.
- Dimensions: 160 x 57 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Transducer principle: externally polarised condenser microphone, 1˜˜ diaphragm
- Weight: 485 g
- Pick-up pattern: Switchable: omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Nominal impedance: 50 Ohms
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Storage temperature: -20C to 60C
- Operating temperature: 0C to +40C
- AF sensitivity: 17,4 mV/Pa (-35dBV)
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dB(A)
- Maximum sound pressure level (passiv): 140 dB
- Power supply: 48 V phantom powering (P48)
- Current consumption: 4,1 mA
- Dynamic range: 130 dB
- Low-cut filter: Switchable: Low cut: 60 Hz, -18dB/Octave / Roll off: 100 Hz, -6dB/Octave
- Pre-emphasis: Switchable: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.