- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sennheiser MK4 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H70286 000001001 H70286000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sennheiser MK 4 is a large-diaphragm, true condenser microphone designed for professional studio recordings. Featuring fine resolution and outsta...Click To Read More About This Product
600 MHz Wireless Trade-In
Sennheiser will help you trade in your old 600 MHz gear towards new wireless! 600 MHz gear from any competitive manufacturer will be accepted!
Offer expires 07/13/20Download Rebate
A studio-quality condenser priced for the home studio.
The Sennheiser MK 4 is a large-diaphragm, true condenser microphone designed for professional studio recordings. Featuring fine resolution and outstanding sound quality, the MK 4 offers excellent value for the price, making it an ideal choice for professional project studios and home recordists. It features a 1" true condenser capsule based on the acoustics of the e 965 high-end vocal mic that's optimized for recording. Made in Germany, the MK 4's transducer is manufactured in the same Level 5 clean room (medical level) as all high-end Sennheiser and Neumann condenser capsules.
Sturdy large-diaphragm model
The MK 4 has a large 1" diaphragm precisely spattered with 24-carat gold. Its sturdy metal housing with nickel finish, and elastically mounted capsule, make the microphone tough enough for even the most demanding recording situations. The internal capsule mount provides excellent suppression of handling noise, which can be further improved by the use of an elastic shockmount. The open front of the suspension mount enables the MK 4 to be positioned close to the sound source. The microphone has a maximum sound pressure level of 140dB, and extremely low self-noise (10dB, A-weighted).
The highly versatile MK 4 is great for vocals, acoustic guitar, and grand piano, as well as strings and wind instruments. And, in numerous field trials, it has proven to be an excellent microphone for guitar amplifiers, drums, and percussion. The MK 4 comes with a microphone clip and a protective pouch.
Optional MKS 4 Shockmount (not included - see# H71114)
The optional MKS 4 shockmount (not included - see #H71114) is specifically built to hold a large-diaphragm MK 4 microphone from Sennheiser. It has an elastic suspension with an open ring which allows the mic to be positioned close to the sound source.
- Elastic suspension
- Open ring for easy positioning
- Transducer principle: Externally polarized condenser microphone
- Pick-up pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive):140dB
- Equivalent noise level: 10dB (A)
- Dynamic range: 130dB
- Nominal impedance:50 ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 1,000 ohm
- Phantom power: +48V
- Current consumption: 3.1 mA
- Weight: 17.1 oz. (485 g)
- Dimensions: 6-5/16 x 2-1/4 (length x diameter) (160 x 57 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.