- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure Beta 52A Kick Drum Mic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #270267 000000000 270267000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shure Beta 52A Kick Drum Mic is a high-output, dynamic microphone with a frequency response tailored specifically for kick drums and other bass i...Click To Read More About This Product
Plenty of kick and punch!
The Shure Beta 52A Kick Drum Mic is a high-output, dynamic microphone with a frequency response tailored specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and punch, and delivers studio-quality sound even at extremely high SPLs. Its modified supercardioid pattern ensures high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound.
Channel Strips of the Stars: Ronan Chris Murphy
World-class producer/engineer/mixer Ronan Chris Murphy's credits include King Crimson, Steve Morse, Terry Bozzio, Victor Bisetti, Gregg Bissonette, Tony Levin, and projects with members of Tool, Ministry, Weezer, Dishwalla, and Yes. A huge fan of A Designs Audio, Ronan was kind enough to share some of his drum-recording signal chains:
"Well all of the drums for Terry Bozzio's Jazz trio were recorded with all A Designs Audio solid state preamps. For drum overheads I used Shure KSM32 condenser mics (#270141) into a Pacifica (#189903); for kick drums, I prefer the Shure Beta 52. Actually I have used the Shure KSM32 into Pacifica combo on tons of great drummers, including Terry Bozzio, Victor Bisetti (Los Lobos), Gregg Bissonette (Santana, David Lee Roth), and Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson, Mister Mister, The Rembrandts)."
Note: for more information about individual units in the signal chain, enter the Item ID# into our search box.
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio-quality performance, even at extremely high sound-pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shockmount system minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency response: 20 to 10,000Hz
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis
- Output Level: (at 1,000Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -64dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV) *1 Pa = 94dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150? (45? actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Phasing: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Maximum SPL: 174dB at 1000Hz (calculated)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steelgrille
- Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter: Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180, with standard 5/8"-27 thread
- Net Weight: 605g (21.6oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.