- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure Beta 91A Kick-Drum Mic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H70025 000000000 H70025000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shure Beta 91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated...Click To Read More About This Product
Combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound.
The Shure Beta 91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated microphone capsule, integrated preamplifier, and XLR connection, Beta 91A offers a strong low-frequency response and is specifically tailored for bass frequency applications. The Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL).
A 2-position contour switch maximizes attack and clarity depending on application. Select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the "low-mid scoop" setting for a strong low frequency "punch" with plenty of higher frequency attack. Requires phantom power. Comes with zippered pouch.
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
Get the low-end punch you need!
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Impedance:146 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage)
- -48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8mV)
- 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 151 dB, 2500 Ohm load: 155 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz)
- 64 dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz)
- 1000 Ohm load: 121.5 dB
- 2500 Ohm load: 125.5 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 55 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD)
- 1000 Ohm load: 7.50 dBV, 2500 Ohm load: 12.5 dBV
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 29.5 dB SPL-A
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 470 g (16.6 oz.)
- Frequency Contour Switch: 7 dB of attenuation centered at 400 kHz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Power Requirements: 11-52 Vdc phantom power, 5.6 mA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.