Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Shure Beta 98AD/C Drum Mictrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shure Beta 98AD/C Drum Mic$229.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A miniature condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording.
- External in-line preamplifier for discrete cable placement
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback Superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Flexible gooseneck for precise placement and easy adjustments
Order a versatile mic tailored for drums and percussion applications.
Beta 98AD/C Drum Mic Specifications:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 179 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.0 dBV/Pa (4.0 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 144 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz): 64 dB (S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz): 1000 Ohm load: 114 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Clipping Level (1 kHz at 0.25% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 1.0 dBV (1.26 V) (THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL)
- Self-Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 30 dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 12 g (0.6 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Power Requirements: 11-52 Vdc phantom, 3.6 mA
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.