- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure GLX-D Wireless Vocal System with SM86 Mic
- Write a Review
- H96349 000001000 H96349000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GLXD24/SM86 system includes the GLXD4 digital wireless receiver and the Shure SM86 cardioid condenser microphone capsule built into a GLXD2 digit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Quality condenser microphone with new digital wireless technology.
The GLXD24/SM86 system includes the GLXD4 digital wireless receiver and the Shure SM86 cardioid condenser microphone capsule built into a GLXD2 digital wireless transmitter.
GLXD2 (with SM86 capsule)
The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering a clear, studio-quality sound.
A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise. It is housed in the rugged GLXD2 transmitter, and features a tactile on and off switch, and a sophisticated design with durable, lightweight construction. It comes with one SB902 lithium-ion battery.
For an experienced vocalist, this microphone presents a world of possibilities. Its proximity effect is not as dramatic as common dynamic microphones, allowing a singer to work mic distance to great effect.It has a strong presence peak for great intelligibilty, and also features rugged construction for reliability. It is housed in the rugged GLXD2 transmitter, and features a tactile on and off switch, and a sophisticated design with durable, lightweight construction. It comes with one SB902 lithium-ion battery.
This tabletop digital wireless receiver and has numerous features previously unavailable in this price range including a remotely adjustable gain control for the associated transmitter, one touch frequency selection and real-time battery run-time. Lightweight and durable, it is designed to withstand the rigors of travel and multiple set-ups and tear-downs.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Dual receiver
- Proprietary Automatic Frequency Management - Intelligent frequency management quickly identifies the best open channels.
- Operate up to 4 compatible systems in typical setting, up to 8 maximum under ideal conditions
- High-resolution LCD screen
- Real-time battery run-time displayed in hours and minutes (accurate within +/- 15 minutes)
- Remote adjustable transmitter gain control
- Integrated battery charge port for proprietary Shure lithium-ion transmitter batteries
- XLR and ¼" output connectors
- Lightweight, durable construction
- Automatically links with GLX-D wireless receivers for seamless frequency changing and any necessary gain adjustment
- Up to 16 hours of continuous use with Shure proprietary lithium ion rechargeable batteries
- Multiple USB charging options
- Indoors: Up to 100 feet (30m) typical, with a maximum of 200 feet (60m)
- Outdoors: Up to 65 feet (20m) typical, with a maximum of 165 feet (50m) under ideal conditions
- Lightweight and rugged construction (GLXD2)
- All-metal construction (GLXD1 only)
- Two-color transmitter status indicator LED
Order today for a superior mic with superior digital wireless technology.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.