Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Shure KSM42 Cardioid Condenser Mic SABLE GRAYtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Large dual-diaphragm side-address condenser vocal microphone.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad sweet spot and natural off-axis response
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra-thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1" Mylar diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shockmount with low-profile Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
KSM42 Cardioid Condenser Mic Specifications:
- Cartridge type: Dual-diaphragm, front-active, externally biased condenser
- Frequency response: 60 to 20,000Hz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Output impedance: 147Î
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): ˆ’37dBV/Pa (14.1 mV), 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD):
- 1000Î load: 139dB
- 2500Î load: 139dB
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Signal-to-Noise ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 86dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz):
- 1000Î load: 131dB
- 2500Î load: 131dB
- Common mode rejection (10Hz to 100kHz): >60dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20kHz at 1% THD): 1000Î load: 6.5dBV, 2500Î load: 8dBV
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net: 494g with shockmount and pop filter: 820g
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 6 mA
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.