- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure SM86 Cardioid Condenser Vocal Mic
- Write a Review
- #270090 000000000 270090000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Shure SM86 Cardioid Condenser Vocal Mic gives you all the advantages of Shure's SM line with condenser mic clarity. It's ruggedly built to handle...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Studio-quality sound in a rugged stage mic.
The Shure SM86 Cardioid Condenser Vocal Mic gives you all the advantages of Shure's SM line with condenser mic clarity. It's ruggedly built to handle touring, with a frequency response tailored for clear reproduction of vocals. The cardioid polar pattern minimizes background noise and feedback. The SM86 has a built-in 3-point shockmount for minimizing handling noise and a 2-stage filter for reducing breath noises and pops.
It requires phantom power.
- Condenser capsule provides studio-quality sound
- Rugged design handles the abuses of touring
- Tailored frequency response for clear reproduction of vocals
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Works excellently with both stage monitors and in-ear personal monitors
- Built-in 3-point shockmount minimizes handling noise
- 2-stage filter reduces wind and breath pop noise
- Transducer type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency response: 50 to 18,000Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150Î at 1kHz (Recommended minimum load impedance: 600Î)
- Sensitivity (at 1,000Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -50dBV/Pa (3.15 mV) (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Clipping Level: 1000Î Load at 1,000Hz: +3dBV (1.41 V)
- Maximum SPL (at 1,000Hz): 1000Î load (1% THD): 147dB
- Self-Noise: 23dB typical, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (1000Î): 124dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 71dB at 94dB SPL (IEC 651)*
- *S/N ratio is difference between 94dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Power (Phantom Supply Requirement): 11 to 52 VDC, positive at both pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 5.2 mA
- Connector: Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
- Dimensions (H x W): 183mm x 49mm, 7.2" x 1.92"
- Net Weight: 278g (9.8oz.)
- Environmental Conditions;Operating: -18 to 60 C (0 to 135 F) (relative humidity >90%), Storage: -29 to 74 C (-20 to 165 F) (relative humidity >80%)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.