Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Soundtoys FilterFreak 5 Software Downloadtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
Fat analog sweeps, pounding filter rhythms, big hardware sound.
Whether you’re controlling it manually, or locking it to tempo for rhythmic effects, FilterFreak delivers the warm, fat, resonant tones you crave. There's also exclusive features added that you won’t find in the classics, so you can create practically any filter effect you can dream up.
FilterFreak faithfully recreates the sounds of classic analog resonant filters. Twist the frequency knob for smooth retro synth sweeps. Crank up the resonance to add some edge, or even push the filter into self-oscillation. And when you drive it hard, FilterFreak responds by breaking up in a gritty and pleasing way, just like hardware.
There are seven different analog saturation “styles” included that range from warm or crunchy distortion to pumping compression. From subtle to extreme, FilterFreak packs a ton of analog magic into a convenient digital package.
Rhythm and Groove
While tweaking knobs is always fun, FilterFreak also includes rhythm and groove tools that add motion to your tracks automatically. Turn on Rhythm Mode and flip the MIDI switch to create auto-wah effects that sync to your DAW.
FilterFreak - Rhythm Editor
Choose a simple note value like eighths or sixteenths, select from a library of pre-made rhythms, or even design your own rhythmic patterns using the Rhythm Editor. Then, to perfectly match the feel of your tune, grab the Groove knob and add some swing or shuffle to drop it in the pocket. For effects that move with the music, choose the Envelope or ADSR modes to trigger the filter with incoming audio. You’ll be amazed by how much one plug-in can transform the feel of your tracks.
Double Your Pleasure
FilterFreak actually includes two separate plug-ins — FilterFreak 1 and 2. Load up FilterFreak 1 for a single, simple filter. But if you want more power, fire up FilterFreak 2. It gives you two analog filters side by side that can be used in series or parallel. Combining two filters with FilterFreak’s deep modulation options gives you a huge range of moving sounds to explore.
- Capture the sound of classic resonant filters, with extended control and flexibility
- Funk up guitar, fatten bass, reshape drums, sweep synths and freak out vocals
- Choose from one filter, or two that can be used in series or parallel
- Select highpass, lowpass, bandpass and band reject modes with 2 to 8 poles
- Add synth-like resonant sweeps or classic wah-wah tones to your tracks
- Create funky auto-wah, envelope follower and sample-and-hold effects
- Grunge things up with 7 different analog saturation styles
- Construct intricate rhythmic filter sequences with the Rhythm Editor
- Design your own LFO shapes with the Shape Editor
Download a copy today!
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.