Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Stager Microphones SR-3 Long Ribbon Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Stager Microphones SR-3 Long Ribbon Microphone$1,299.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Ribbon mic with detailed pickup and broad response.
The SR-3 employs a high-output ribbon motor with a 3" long aluminum ribbon -- the longest offered by Stager -- and neodymium magnets coupled to a custom toroidal output transformer, and interfaces with any and all mic pres and mixers without the need for an in-line "booster" box or excessive preamp gain to get a healthy level into your DAW or recorder. The lightweight design with integral yoke mount allows for easy placement and positioning on any standard microphone stand without the need for a counterweight.
The tone and transient response of the SR-3 is very much in the neighborhood of the classic large ribbon mics, albeit with a more gentle and gradual high frequency rolloff. With increased sensitivity and a remarkably balanced tonality, this microphone extends to the outer reaches of the frequency spectrum and retains all of the detail you want for an intimate vocal or piano recording, but doesn't quell any of the mid-range muscle when it has to get up close and personal with a booming amplifier or thumping drum kit.
- 3" x 0.25" 1.8-micron ribbon
- Neodymium magnets
- Proprietary toroidal transformer
- Exceptionally high output
- Sensitivity: -42dbV
- Machined aluminum body with integral yoke mount
- Internal suspension system
- 1.85 lb.
Order today and let your EQ get lonely. This is one great-sounding microphone.
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.