- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sterling Audio ST59 Multi-Pattern FET Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 581568 000000000 581568000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sterling Audio ST59 is an FET condenser microphone that employs a large capsule with a dual sided ultrathin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphr...Click To Read More About This Product
An affordable studio condenser mic with a smooth, warm sound.
The Sterling Audio ST59 is an FET condenser microphone that employs a large capsule with a dual sided ultrathin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm. The ST59 mic is built with an exclusive process that extends high frequencies and improves details and depth on both vocal and instrument recordings. The FET Class-A electronics provide smooth, warm sound. The ST59 offers switch-selectable cardioid, omni-directional, figure-eight polar patterns and is housed in a rugged brass body.
Sterling Audio microphones employ several advanced technologies that separate their large-diaphragm condenser mics from the rest of the pack. One of the more important advances is their Disk Resonator system. With it, Sterling Audio is uniquely able to compensate for the 14kHz frequency roll-off that is inherent in large diaphragm mics. As any good audio engineer knows, this deficiency translates to a lack of sparkle from high-frequency sound sources. Other manufacturers have typically solved this problem by cutting other frequencies and then increasing the entire signal to help even out the frequency range. Unfortunately, this results in increased noise.
Disk Resonator Technology incorporates a brass umbrella that protrudes from the center of the diaphragm in Sterling Audio's ST59 microphone. It gently boosts the diaphragm sensitivity to shorter sound waves, allowing it to respond more accurately to those all-important higher frequencies. The result is optimal sensitivity, full frequency response, and a low signal-to-noise ratio. Another piece of audio wizardry comes in the form of the ultra-thin diaphragm membrane made of Mylar. While most modern condenser diaphragms are 6 to 12 microns in thickness, Sterling Audio, in association with 3M, has produced a highly resilient Mylar that measures a mere 3 microns. This allows the ST59 microphone to deliver an extraordinary degree of sensitivity. Requires phantom power.
- Studio quality condenser mic
- Smooth, warm sound
- FET Class-A electronics
- Dual Diaphragms
- Switchable cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-eight pickup patterns
- Incorporates patented "Disk-Resonator" technology
- Rugged brass body
- Type: Large diaphragm condenser, 3 micron Mylar gold evaporated, double sided
- Polar Patterns: cardioid, omni-directional, figure-eight, switch selectable
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa (-36dBV)
- Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 132dB or 142dB with -10dB Pad
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A weighted
- Attenuation Pad: -10dB, switchable
- Bass Cut Pad: 6dB/octave, below 125Hz, switchable
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 1,000 Ohms
- Preamp Topology: Class A FET, with output transformer
- Power Requirement: 48 V phantom power
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: 7.5 long, 1.8 max diameter
- Mic Weight: 1.2 lbs.
- Package: ST59 microphone
- Unit Package Dim: 15.5 long x 5.5 wide x 5 high
- Unit Weight: 3.80 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.