- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Summit Audio DCL-200 Dual-Channel Compressor/Limiter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 583111 000000000 583111000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The hybrid tube/solid state Summit Audio DCL-200 dual channel compressor/limiter is a mainstay of both live sound and studio environments. Helping to...Click To Read More About This Product
A tour-tested compressor with rich, complex studio sound.
The hybrid tube/solid state Summit Audio DCL-200 dual channel compressor/limiter is a mainstay of both live sound and studio environments. Helping to shape the sound of countless concerts and albums, the versatile and extremely musical-sounding DCL-200 has a soft-knee and program dependent transition characteristic. It also sports dual true VU meters, and totally variable controls to deliver the unprecedented Summit Audio sound quality.
The Summit Audio DCL-200 dual channel compressor/limiter personifies the grab-your-attention sound that only the very, very best quality tube compressor can give you. Based on a hybrid design, the DCL-200 combines the most desirable sonic characteristics of vacuum tubes with the airy top-end of solid state devices. DCL-200 circuitry incorporates selected 12AX7A vacuum tubes with highly reliable custom-made 990 op-amps in a transformerless signal path. You get an incredibly clean, precise sound, with the overtones and warmth of tube technology.
The Summit Audio DCL-200 has helped shape the sound of countless concerts and albums with its crisp yet smooth high-frequency response and the sweet low-mid and low tones you get from vacuum tubes. The DCL-200 is an extremely versatile and musical sounding compressor, a go-to component for tracking, mixing, and mastering. The Summit Audio DCL-200's compression curve and soft knee enhance your audio in a way that is far from sterile without ever sounding muddy or pinched.
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Adjustable threshold
- Variable slope (ratio)
- Output gain control
- Soft-knee transition characteristic
- Stereo link switch
- Dual true VU meters
- Side chain insert
- Bypass switch
- 3 year warranty
- Hand crafted in the USA
- Output: +4dBu corresponds to 0VU. The output is balanced or unbalanced using 990 operational amplifiers. Output impedence is 75 Ohm. The recommended output load is 600 Ohms or more. Maximum output approaches +30dBu.
- Input: The input is electronically balanced with an input impedence of 40 k Ohms, with input clipping at +24dBu.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 70kHz
- Noise: Less than -80 cBu at Unity 10 Hz to 80kHz
- Distortion: Less than 0.05% at +4 dBu
- Attack Time: 0.1 mS to 100 mS
- Release Time: 45 mS to 100 mS
- Slope: Adjustable from 1.1:1 to 7.1
- Panel Size: 19" x 3.5"
- Depth: 10.5"
- Power: 40 Watts, 115 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz
- Fuse Size: 0.5 Amp for 115 VAC, 0.25 Amp for 230 VAC
- Shipping Weight: 17 lbs. (7.7 kg)
- All measurements are UNWEIGHTED.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.