- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Summit Audio MPC-100A Tube Pre-Amp and Compressor/Limiter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 583113 000000000 583113000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The single channel Summit Audio MPC-1OOA tube preamplifier and compressor/limiter accepts line, microphone, and Hi-Z input signals. Using both tubes ...Click To Read More About This Product
A preamp and compressor/limiter designed to optimize signals prior to entering the digital domain.
The single channel Summit Audio MPC-1OOA tube preamplifier and compressor/limiter accepts line, microphone, and Hi-Z input signals. Using both tubes and solid state technology in synch with the Jensen mic transformer, the MPC-100A lends a detailed sound with harmonically complex overtones. The ultra-fast compressor is ideal for optimizing signals prior to entering the digital domain.
Other details include impedance matching (loading) control on the Hi-Z input so passive guitars and bass pickups have a whole new level of tone control, true VU metering, and multiple outputs. And with the Summit Audio MPC-100A tube preamp's 3 separate gain controls, you have endless tonal variations from clean to saturated for whatever sound you need.
- "Clean" to "Saturated" valve sounds
- Soft Clipping LED indicators
- HI-Z instrument input with impedance matching control
- Two stages of vacuum tube gain controls
- 3 Position attack and release controls
- High quality VU meter for output and gain reduction metering
- Continuously variable output level control
- +4 dB balanced and -10 dB unbalanced output
- Stereo linkable with a second MPC-100A
- Jensen mic transformer
- Input Impedance:
- Mic: 1.5K ohms
- Hi-Z: 10K-1.75M ohms
- Output impedance (XLR): 150 ohms
- Max input level:
- Mic: +15dBu @ min gain, +35dBu with pad
- Line: +35dBu @ min gain
- Hi-Z: +8dBu @ min gain
- Max output level (XLR): +30dBu
- Max gain: +75dBu
- Equivalent input noise: -140dB average 20Hz- 20kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1dB with 1dB compression
- Signal to noise ratio: 130dB
- THD + Noise: 0.03% @ 1kHz +4dB out
- Dynamic Range: 100dB
- Attack times: 180uS-100mS
- Release times: 32mS- 1.5S
- Vacuum tubes: 12AX7A (two)
- Dimensions (H x D x H): 19" x 10" x 3.5"
- Weight: 17 lbs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.