- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Symetrix Jupiter 8 Digital Signal Processor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H65553 000000000 H65553000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Symetrix Jupiter packages powerful DSP into a zero learning curve, turn-key audio processing solution drawing its inspiration from the ˜apps' paradig...Click To Read More About This Product
Apps-based monitor management and DSP system with zero learning curve.
Symetrix Jupiter packages powerful DSP into a zero learning curve, turn-key audio processing solution drawing its inspiration from the ˜apps' paradigm of smartphones such as the iPhone. Standing on the shoulders of the world-class SymNet DSP platform, Jupiter upholds Synetrix' commitment to pristine sound.
Hardware: Choice Made Simple
There are three Jupiter hardware offerings (4-input, 8-input, and 12-input) that differ only in their audio input and output counts. All three use the same software and DSP processes, making your choice of hardware quick and simple.
Software: Easy from the Start
Just like using productivity apps on your smart phone, you use Jupiter apps to do specific audio jobs with a simple download to Jupiter hardware. Tap into one of the multiple personalities of Jupiter - no design time, zero learning curve. Jupiter handles every task, from automixing to loudspeaker management. The ever-growing library of downloadable Jupiter apps future-proofs your hardware investment.
Multiple external control options provide greater end user accessibility. You can use Symetrix RS-485 ARC wall panels for volume control, source and preset selection. Third-party control over IP is quick to implement because Jupiters' ASCII control protocol is humanly readable with short and simple commands. Logic inputs and outputs integrate with external control hardware like custom indicator panels, life safety systems and remote camera switchers.
Jupiter comes with amazing apps. Apps give Jupiter hardware the ability to take on multiple personalities (only one at a time, thankfully!). Apps are pre-designed, ready to deploy¦and they're free.
Loudspeaker management is the crucial last step in the signal processing chain. A properly tuned system directs the exclusive frequency ranges required by each driver type to the proper drivers, and accounts for driver time alignment, driver/cabinet design anomalies, and room acoustics. Jupiter speaker management apps are built from an extensive pallet of filters, EQ, crossovers, delay, and dynamics modules, pre-configured into common signal chains and ready for deployment in endless venues including houses of worship, night clubs, and theaters.
Special Purpose Signal Processing
Recording studios, broadcast facilities and production environments rely on extreme processing. Jupiter has a surplus of DSP horsepower for demanding processes such as EQ, feedback fighters, FIR filters, multi-dynamics, and crossovers. Problem solving processes include surgical EQ and multi-mode dynamics to tame your most unruly mic or line signals.
Your time is money
Symetrix has made your learning curve zip. For example, with a simple download to hardware Jupiter morphs to become an automixer for houses of worship, courtrooms, and government chambers. Jupiter manages paging and background music distribution for transit centers, shopping malls, commercial buildings, and fitness centers. Jupiter handles sound reinforcement duties for nightclubs, sporting events and theaters and effortlessly functions as a special purpose signal processor for mic or line sources in a broadcast or recording environment
There's an app for that
Using Jupiter predesigned apps for audio processing is like using productivity apps on a smartphone. With a simple download, tap into one of the multiple personalities of Jupiter - no design time, no learning curve.
Symetrix has organized the Jupiter app library (found in the dowloads section of the website) into four categories:
¢Mixing and routing
¢Public address and distribution
¢Special purpose signal processing
Mixing and Routing
Mixing and Routing are essential functions. From straight mono or stereo mixing for lecture halls and banquet rooms to advanced gating or gain-sharing automixing for courtrooms and town hall meeting rooms, Jupiters' elegant interface makes complex signal management effortless.
Public Address and Distribution
In bustling transit stations, busy retail outlets and noisy restaurants, paging announcements and distributed background music must be intelligible and always at the right volume. Jupiters' priority mixer and ambient noise compensation modules ensure the message is always heard.
- A turnkey audio processing solution utilizing downloadable ˜apps' optimized for specific venues and systems
- App categories include mixing and routing, public address and distribution, sound reinforcement, and special purpose signal processing
- Pre-designed apps greatly reduce installation time
- Three hardware versions: 4 inputs + 4 outputs (Jupiter 4), 8 inputs + 8 outputs (Jupiter 8), 12 inputs + 4 outputs (Jupiter 12)
- 2 external control inputs and 4 logic outputs
- Sample Rate: 48kHz.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +/- 0.5 dB
- Dynamic Range: > 110dB (A-Weighted), input to output
- THD+Noise: < -85dB (un-weighted); 1kHz @ +22dBu with 0dB gain
Inter-channel Crosstalk: < -90dB @ 1kHz, typical
Latency: < 1.6ms, input to output with all DSP inactive
Number of Inputs: 8 switchable balanced mic or line level on Jupiter Connectors: 1/8" (3.81 mm) terminal blocks
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu line or -36dBu mic level (software selectable) with 20dB of headroom
- Mic Pre-amp Gain: +40dB
- Input Trim: +/- 24dB
- Maximum Input Level: +23dBu
- Input Impedance: > 18k ohm balanced, > 9k ohm unbalanced, > 2k ohm with phantom power engaged
- CMRR: > 50dB @ 1kHz, unity gain
- Mic Pre-amp EIN: < -125dBu, 22Hz - 22kHz, 100 ohm source impedance
Phantom Power: +20 VDC, 20 mA maximum per input.
- Number of Outputs: 8 switchable balanced mic or line level on Jupiter
- Connectors: 1/8" (3.81 mm) terminal blocks
- Nominal Output Level: +4dBu line level with 20dB of headroom
- Unbalanced configuration results in 6dB lower output level
- Maximum Output Level: +24dBu
- Output Impedance: 200 ohm balanced, 100 ohm unbalanced
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.