- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tascam DR-05 Solid State Recorder Blue Ltd Edition Blue
- Write a Review
- Product H77500
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
TASCAM's DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 rec...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Album-quality recording in the palm of your hand.
TASCAM's DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 records in MP3 or WAV format, including 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio to microSD or microSDHC media. A pair of all-new microphones handles up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. With new recording features like Peak Reduction and Quick Menu, the DR-05 puts album-quality recording in the palm of your hand.
Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL ”the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away”yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8" stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Internally, the DR-05's digital and analog circuit boards are built separately to improve noise performance, with a low-impedance design to further decrease hiss. A separate power supply is sent to the A/D and D/A converter for even better audio performance. The result is clean sound quality ”over 92dB signal-to-noise ratio; under 0.05% total harmonic distortionl and 20Hz to 40kHz response (-1/+3dB) at 24-bit/96kHz resolution.
Simple to Operate
The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button-press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low-cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner, and more.
One new feature that makes the DR-05 easy to operate is the new Peak Reduction feature. This setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike Auto Gain settings, this one only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or in record, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck you're still safe. Used with the built-in limiter, it's unlikely you'll distort your career-making live recording.
Other classic TASCAM features are included, like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch”perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality.
- Built-in stereo condenser omnidirectional microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
- Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Self-timer starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button giving you time to get ready
- Auto and manual track increment
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Loop and repeat playback
- Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Playback EQ setting
- Editing function (Divide and delete)
- Up to 99 mark points on each file
- Chromatic tuner
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
- Built-in speaker
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
There's no easier way to get great-sounding recordings! Order now!
- 8" stereo mic/line input
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- microSD (64MB “ 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB “ 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
- Tripod socket hole
- Dimensions: 2-3/8" W x 5-9/16" H x 1" D
- Weight: 4-1/16 oz.