- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tascam DR-100mkIII 2-ch Handheld Digital Stereo Recorder
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46011 000000000 J46011000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achi...Click To Read More About This Product
Tascam's top-line digital field recorder's latest revision.
The DR-100mkIII features dual AKM AK4558 converters with VELVET SOUND architecture, providing both high sound quality and low power consumption, achieving a signal-to-noise ratio of 102dB. By eliminating interference between left and right channels, signal-to-noise ratio is maximized and audio fidelity is improved.
In addition, each of those AD converters can work in a Dual ADC mode. The two AD converters work in tandem then combine their results for a 109dB S/N ratio, beating the (already excellent) 102dB S/N ratio achieved when recording in standard mode.
The XLR/TRS inputs deliver the highest sound quality and lowest noise of any TASCAM Handheld Digital Recorder. HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps are also included to maintain a pristine audio signal path throughout
The omnidirectional stereo microphone setup features a sound pressure level tolerance of 125dB SPL and includes an integrated shock mount structure to suppress unwanted vibration and handling noise. The TASCAM DR-100mkIII supports high definition recording at both 96kHz/24bit and 192kHz/24, ensuring that remote recordings achieve the same sonic fidelity as their studio-born counterparts
The precision of the built-in clock is crucial when digital recordings made on what device are to be used in conjunction with materials recorded on other devices, such as when combining digital audio and video assets. To ensure stability, the DR-100mkIII utilizes the same Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) used in professional studio master recorders. Moreover, the TCXO is not affected by the temperature of the environment, critical for a portable device which must maintain its precision in support of high-quality recording.
The user interface has been designed to maximize visual confirmation, and includes a large LCD screen (double the size of the screen on the DR-100mkII), dedicated status LEDs for features such as record levels and status and easy-to-read legends on the casework. Dedicated hardware controls have been implemented for the most commonly accessed features to enable quick, positive operation in the field.
- S/N ratio of 102dB
- Dual mono mode provides a S/N ratio of 109dB
- XLR/TRS inputs and built-in low-noise HDDA mic preamps
- Onboard dual (directional/omnidirectional) stereo
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit recording
- Lithium-ion battery can be used alongside AA batteries
- AA batteries may be replaced during operation for uninterrupted recording
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jacks made by Amphenol
- Tough aluminum body for years of reliable use
- High-precision clock featuring a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
- Large LCD screen and dedicated status LEDs
- Select hardware switches for quick and positive setting control
The best field recorder. From recording babbling brooks to chamber music in a hall, this is the one.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.