Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Telefunken ELA M 260 Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone Stereo Settrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Telefunken ELA M 260 Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone Stereo Set$2,895.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Matched set ideal for acoustic and classical recording applications.
The matched Stereo Set comes in a custom locking flight case that carries both M801 cables, M761 shock mounts, microphones, wooden boxes, and an American-made dual-channel M960S power supply unit. This newly designed power supply is fully regulated and will power one or both microphones simultaneously, and features a slow-ramping heater voltage to ensure vacuum tube longevity. The ELA M 260 Stereo Set also features two sets of three interchangeable capsules: the TK60 cardioid, TK61 omni, and TK62 hypercardioid, so the user can have the flexibility to record their source material in any way they wish.
The microphones will also feature the same flint gray finish made popular by the R-F-T AR-51, so you will be able to know in an instant, which microphones are from your Stereo Set, and which are your individual ELA M 260 systems.
The ELA M 260 features an amplifier circuit based around a New Old Stock (NOS) EF-732 / 5840W vacuum tube and a custom output transformer that is wound to exacting specification in the United States. Each of these components is rigorously tested in our laboratory prior to installation, and hand-selected for matched pairs. The capsules have matched frequency responses, the tubes have matched gain and noise specs, and the amplifier circuits have matched gain and frequency response.
Stereo recording techniques include X/Y coincidental pairs with the microphones in cardioid, and A/B spaced pairs with either cardioid or omni-directional patterns. Using these techniques, or others, in conjunction with a pair of ELA M 260's will result in an ideal recording setup for string sections, acoustic guitar, drum overheads, or as room microphones.
The ELA M 260 Stereo Set offers the user the knowledge and comfort that the tools they are using will give identical responses for their most important stereo recording.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Hypercardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16.5 mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <0.15% Per Channel
- Self Noise: 11dBA Per Channel
- Output Impedance: <200 ohms
- Power Type: M 960S Dedicated Power Supply
- Powering Alternative: M 960FS, M 963
- Supply Current: <1mA (120V) 135mA (6V)
- Connected Via: XLR-7 (F), XLR-3 (M) output
- Size: 5-1/2" (140mm) length x 13/16" (21mm) diameter
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119g)
Order now for the microphone of your dreams.
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.