- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thermionic Culture The Freebird Three-Channel Tube EQ
- Write a Review
- Product H81666
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Thermionic Culture Freebird three-channel tube EQ is based on a Baxandall circuit, which uses two highly-interactive shelving controls “ one low,...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Sweet-sounding Tube EQ Makes Any DAW Sound Better
The Thermionic Culture Freebird three-channel tube EQ is based on a Baxandall circuit, which uses two highly-interactive shelving controls “ one low, one high. This classic tube EQ voicing provides an extraordinarily sweet, dynamic and musical EQ. The innovative addition on the Freebird is a unique active mid/presence-boost control combined with a fixed-frequency mid-cut knob so you can really refine the EQ characteristics for your program material. Add in the two-position high-pass filter to help control problematic low-frequency content and a gain control for level-matching, and you™ve got that magic ingredient that can really add character to your tracks and mixes, especially on those occasions when you simply need a little ˜more.™
The committment of Thermionic Culture's founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950', and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- All-tube design for greater presence and naturality.
- Completely free from solid state additives.
- Single-ended (Class-A) design for highest audio quality with no crossover distortion
- Classic Baxandall circuit architecture
- Half-rack form factor makes for easy expansion
Get classic EQ sounds for your digital recording system. Order one today.
- Inputs: Three transformer-balanced œfloating XLR inputs accept balanced or unbalanced sources
- Outputs: Three XLR unbalanced
- Tube complement (per channel): Input - one 5965, Output - on PC86
- Treble: +14/-16 dB @ 9 & 15 kHz
- Bass: +/- 11 dB @ 50 & 100 Hz
- Mid Cut: - 20 dB (max) @ 700 Hz
- Presence: L “ +3 dB @ 1 kHz, M “ +4 dB @ 1.4 kHz, H “ +3 dB @ 3 kHz & above, H+ “ +5 dB @ 3 kHz & above, H++ “ +8 dB @ 3 kHz & above
- HPF: 12 dB/octave filter, 8 dB down at 25 & 65 Hz
- THE FOLLOWING ARE MEASURED WITH ALL EQ CONTROLS SET TO œFLAT
- MOL: Max O/P level + 19.5 dBu @ 1 kHZ (for 1% distortion)
- Noise: 99 dB below MOL
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.5 dB from 26 Hz to 60 kHz
- Distortion (THD): 0.02% @ 1 kHz, +4 dBu