Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Toontrack Death & Darkness SDX (Download)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
All the death and darkness you can take.
The SDX was configured as two separate libraries, one for each studio. The ‘Death’ portion of the SDX was recorded by Mark Lewis at his choice studio, the Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas. The Ranch’s perfectly crafted Vincent van Haaff-designed main room offers second-to-none acoustics – pristine and distinct but still dense and with a warm, resonant and balanced natural reverb.
To contrast, the ‘Darkness’ part of the SDX offers a completely different experience – a darker, less polished and more raw-natured tone of drums. It was recorded in the empty swimming pool in Tue’s longtime and much- legendary Antfarm Studio in Aarhus, Denmark. With the reflective surface of the hard tile walls and floor in the pool combined with the surrounding room’s brick structure and high ceiling, the ambience of this unique room heard on countless albums is unlike any other.
Welcome to two studios, two schools of modern engineering and an almost insurmountable amount of drums ready for you to hone, mold and shape to literally anything you can imagine sound-wise. Get ready to produce drum mixes that have the power to pierce and cut through any thick wall of guitars or extremely layered production.
- Nine (9) complete kits
- A total of 19 bass drums, 19 snare drums, 35 cymbals and more Recorded at two different studios: Sonic Ranch, TX, (by Mark Lewis) and Antfarm Studios, Denmark, (by Tue Madsen)
- Sampled with extreme attention to detail and articulation
- Configured as a two SDXs, one for each studio
- Includes custom mix presets engineered by Mark Lewis and Tue Madsen
- ‘Death’ library sampled by legendary drummer Sean Reinert (Death, Cynic)
- Includes MIDI performed by Sean Reinert and Jay Postones (TesseracT)
- 184 GB of raw drum sounds
Go for it. Order today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.