- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Toontrack FunkMasters EZX
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H70048 000001000 H70048000001000
6-Month* financing available.
Funkmasters EZK is a unique and exclusive recording of two of the most important drummers in popular music, Clyde Stubblefield and John "Jab'o" Stark...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Download this Godfather of Soul-inspired expansion pack of beats.
Funkmasters EZK is a unique and exclusive recording of two of the most important drummers in popular music, Clyde Stubblefield and John "Jab'o" Starks, the principal drummers for the Godfather of Soul and Funk, Mr. James Brown. Fans and critics alike cite their collective era in Brown's band as the pinnacle of funk. Their combined drumming on the classic double-album "Sex Machine" is some of the most innovative, inspired, and funky playing ever recorded.
A plethora of their samples and looped audio of their original beats and breaks have gone on to become the foundation of hip-hop. Their breaks gave birth to countless genres, reaching deep into the realms of underground, experimental, and popular music. It is also crucial to note that the use of their breaks inspired innovation within the techniques of DJ-ing and sample-based production, thus making Starks and Stubblefield arguably the most sampled and influential drummers in modern day music.
With Funkmasters EZK Toontrack Music has sampled both their unique sound and grooves. Musicians, producers and DJ's will be amazed by the depth of soul found within these samples. From the tight sizzle of the hi-hats to the snap and crack of the snares, the unique sampler engine reveals the subtle mastery of these drummers in ways you've never experienced before. The included MIDI will inevitably become the backbone to a new generation of "digital jockeys" for generations to come.
The Funkmasters EZX features two kit interfaces-one for Clyde, and one for Jab'o. The EZX also features effects sliders in the EZmixer-a Vinyl effect created with the use of iZotopes Vinyl plug-in, and a large Plate reverb resampled at Toontrack Music Studios, in Umea, Sweden, delivering all that you need to create those real-sounding funk tracks.
About the EZK concept
EZX's are expansion packs for EZdrummer featuring drums and percussion sound banks to be used with the basic EZdrummer module. They also contain additional MIDI files to offer immediate creative access to the specific playing style of each EZX genre.
The philosophy behind EZX is to give the user sounds recorded and mixed by the best in the business at an affordable price. The sounds are tweaked with specific genres in mind and recorded by top producers. When loading an EZX, an interactive picture of the drumkit contained in that expansion will appear in the main window of EZdrummer and allow all the prelistening and construction features specific to that particular expansion.
To access an EZX expansion preinstalled on your computer, click the EZX display in the main window. If you have installed one or more EZX, a pull down menu will reveal the available options.
All EZX's can be used together with Toontrack Music's Superior Drummer 2.0 and the MIDI delivered with the EZX's can also be used with the Toontrack Music MIDI engine EZplayer pro.
Note: EZX expansion packs are only compatible with the full version of Toontrack EZdrummer
- Two kit interfaces based on the drumming of Clyde Stubblefield and one for John "Jab'o" Starks (both of James Brown fame)
- Effects sliders in the EZmixer:
- Vinyl effect created with the use of iZotopes Vinyl plug-in
- Large Plate reverb resampled at Toontrack Music Studios in Umea, Sweden
- All sounds were played by Stubblefield and Starks at Sound Kitchen, Nashville, TN
- Recorded, engineered, and mixed by Leslie Richter, Mattias Eklund, and Brad Bowden
- MIDI files were played by Stubblefield and Starks at Sound Kitchen and Per Mikaelsson at Toontrack Music Studios and recorded by Brad Bowden and Henrik Kjellberg
- The Funkmasters EZX uses TPC, Toontrack Percussive Compression
Why wait for a box. Order the Download today.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows XP SP3 or newer, Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 512 MB RAM
- Mac OS 10.4.11 or higher, G5 or Intel processor with 512 MB RAM
- 1,2 GB free hard disc space, DVD drive, A working EZdrummer or Superior Drummer 2.0 installation
- VST, AU, and RTAS