Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/2 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/3 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Tube-Tech MP2A Dual Mic Preamp and DItrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Microphone preamplifier and direct instrument amplifier.
MP2A is the second in the new range of upgraded microphone preamplifier/DI’s (The modular PM1A was the first). These new preamps features even higher headroom and fidelity than the earlier TUBE-TECH micpres. Listening tests of the MP 2A reveal sound quality second to none, placing it among a handful of the world's very best designs.
The MP 2A DI continues the TUBE-TECH tradition of extremely good sounding DIs, delivering world class sound for bass and guitar DI recordings.
- Switchable +48 V phantom power, selectable mic impedance of 600/1200/2400 Ohm
- Phase reverse switch, low-cut filter (20 Hz/40 Hz/off), as well as a switchable -20 dB pad
- Gain is adjustable from +10 dB to +70 dB.( 10db steps, coarse +2 dB steps, fine.)
- The Direct Instrument Input are unbalanced with a gain ranging from + 10 dB to + 60 dB
- Input transformer is enclosed in a MU-metal can
- Input and output transformers come with a static screen between the primary and secondary wirings
- The input and output are balanced as well as fully floating
- All-tube design featuring push-pull output amplifier
Find what your instruments and microphones are truly capable of. Order today.
MP2A Dual Mic Preamp and DI Specifications:
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Typical noise: 5 dB @ 200Ω
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Gain: +10 dB to +70 dB in 2 dB steps – DI gain: 0-60 dB
- Selectable mic input impedance: 600 Ω/1.2 kΩ/2.4 kΩ
- Selectable pad in front of input transformer (-20 dB)
- Selectable +48 V phantom power
- Low cut filter (20 Hz/40 Hz/Off)
- Phase reverse
- Overload indicator
- Gold plated switches
- DI jack input for a variety of instruments
- DI input impedance > 1 MΩ
- MU-metal shielded input transformer
- In- and outputs are transformer balanced and fully floating
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.