Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Tube-Tech PE-1C Program Equalizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A Pultec-style EQ from Tube-Tech.
Tube-Tech PE 1C Program Equalizer, First Take:
Passive Pultec-style EQ
Tube-based gain-makeup amplifer
Balanced I/O and Floating Transformers
The PE 1C contains a passive filter and a tube-based amplifier to restore the loss from the filter. The filter has a low frequency boost/attenuate section with 4 selective frequencies, a high frequency boost section with a variable bandwidth and 10 selective frequencies and a high-frequency attenuation section with 3 selective frequencies. The filter is placed directly after the input transformer therefore eliminating noise from the amplifier when boosting either low or high frequencies.
The amplifier consists of two tubes (valves) in push-pull configuration (one ECC 83 as the pre-amp and phase splitter, and one ECC 82 as the output stage), and an output transformer. Both input and output are balanced and fully floating. The in/out key switches the filter in and out without clicks and changes in level, while the amplifier remain in the signal path.
Balanced I/O and Floating Transformers
Input and output are balanced as well as fully floating. This provides maximum electronic isolation for superior noise rejection. The power supply for the pre-amp and phase splitter are stabilized and the heaters of both tubes (valves) are fed with a stabilized DC voltage. This prevents any variation in the DC energy when combined with the musical signal, which would otherwise cause certain types of distortion. Put simply, the PE 1C's DC-stabilized circuits keep the EQ bands free of any unwanted artifacts. EQ is smooth and distortion-free.
For over twenty years, Tube Tech has been one of the most prominent names in all-tube signal processing equipment. You'll find their gear in the best recording and mastering studios around the world. The company's founder, John Petersen is an electrical engineer who was factory trained at Solid State Logic, EMT, Studer, Sony, Neumann, and NTP Electonik (digital audio routers). He also designed tape recorder playback/recording amps for Lyrec tape recorders (found in the studios of the legendary Joe Meek and Vangelis). His first design under the name of Tube-Tech was an all-tube equalizer based on the legendary Pultec EQP 1A. Petersen continued to design and manufacture a number of innovative all-tube outboard processors including preamps, multiband compressors and summing amps. Thanks to John's dedication to high-quality analog sound you'll see Tube-Tech gear in the racks of pro audio legends such as multi Grammy Award winner Al Schmitt, (Frank Sinatra, Steely Dan, Toto, Quincy Jones, Natalie Cole, Diana Krall), Grammy winner Joe Chiccarelli, (Elton John, Beck, U2, Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Offspring), engineer Russ Long (Sixpence None The Richer, Wilco, Dolly Parton, Allison Moorer), producer-engineer Tony Shepperd (Elton John, Madonna, Kenny Loggins, Barbra Streisand, Lionel Richie, and Whitney Houston), and many more.
- Tube based push-pull amplifier
- 4 low frequency boosts: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to +14 dB)
- 4 low frequency attenuations: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to -18 dB)
- 10 high frequency boosts with variable bandwidth: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 16 kHz (0 to +18 dB with sharp bandwidth sharp, 0 to +10 dB with broad bandwidth)
- 3 high frequency attenuations: 5, 10 and 20 kHz (0 to +18 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dB @ -10 dB gain
No insertion loss
- Clickless In/Out switch
PE-1C Program Equalizer Specifications:
- Impedance Input: 600 ohm
- Impedance Output: < 60 ohm
Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Distortion THD+N @ 40 Hz: 0 dBu < 0.15 %; +10 dBu: < 0.15 %
Noise Rg=200 ohm: Unweighted < -85 dBu; CCIR-468-4 < -75 dBu
CMRR @ 10 kHz: < -60 dB
Max. input @ 1 % THD+N: > +21 dBu
- Max. output @ 1 % THD+N: > +26 dBu
- Gain: 0 dB
- Tubes: ECC 81 1 pc, ECC 82 1 pc
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.2" x 19.0" x 6.7" (132 mm x 483 mm x 170 mm)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0 kg)
- Power requirements @ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 22 W
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.