Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Universal Audio 1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Universal Audio 1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier$2,399.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The classic studio limiter!
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible-and much simpler-to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, Universal Audio made every effort to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit to uncompromising standards. This version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound. Demand the original. Accept no copies.
- True to the original in design, manufacture, and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultrafast attack time”20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time”50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom-built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye-pleasing industrial design
Still the first-call choice of professionals for tracking vocals, guitar, and drums. Give your music the punch and character it deserves with a Universal Audio 1176LN.
1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier Specifications:
- Input impedance: 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating
- Output load impedance: 600 ohms, floating, damping factor 20
- External connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Frequency response: ±1dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Gain: 50dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% total harmonic distortion from 50Hz-15kHz with limiting
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Greater than 70dB at +10dBm
- Attack time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs. output level:
- Compression ratio: 20:1; input level at +/-2dB: -25dBm; relative output: 13dBm
- Compression ratio: 12:1; input level at +/-2dB: -26dBm; relative output: 12dBm
- Compression ratio: 8:1; input level at +/-2dB: -27dBm; relative output: 11dBm
- Compression ratio: 4:1; input level at +/-2dB: -32dBm; relative output: 6dBm
- Stereo interconnection: via 1176 SA Network accessory
- Power requirements: 120/240V
- Environmental: Maximum operating temperature 160 F
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3-1/2"H (2RU)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.