- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Universal Audio 4-710d 4-Channel Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- H69959 000000000 H69959000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, 4-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid state tone-blending capabilities-...Click To Read More About This Product
Complete Studio Upgrade
From July 1st through September 30th 2018, purchase a 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp and receive a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator - with a choice of Thunderbolt, FireWire, USB, or PCIe - absolutely free!
Offer expires 09/30/18Download Rebate
6-Month* financing available.
4 hybrid tube/solid state preamps and 1176-style compressors in a single unit.
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, 4-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid state tone-blending capabilities-perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources. This versatile multichannel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding 8 channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Building upon UA's classic analog design approach, combined with smart modern features, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup.
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending "Twin-Finity" mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
The eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT "lightpipe" or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.
- 4 TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MÎ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- 8 channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Î BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor
Blend your tone with ease and get exceptional results with the 4-710d. Order today!
- Note: all specifications are typical performance unless otherwise noted. Unless otherwise noted, all specifications are 20Hz-20kHz, minimum gain, maximum level, 24-bits, all switches in neutral or off mode, 100% solid state, digital output = 0dBFS.
- Gain Range: 56dB
- Min Gain: 14dB
- Max Gain: 70dB
- Max Input Level (bal): 6.7dBu
- Max Output Level (bal): 20dBu
- Input Impedance (bal): 2kÎ
- Input Impedance (Hi-Z): 2.2MÎ
- Output Impedance (bal): 600 Î
- Equiv. Input Noise (150Î, 56dB gain): -127dBu
- Frequency response (20Hz-20kHz): +0.1/-0.15dB
- Crosstalk (max gain, 1kHz): < -115dB
- Type: Bessel 2nd Order
- Corner Frequency: 75Hz
- Attenuation (20Hz): -23dB
- Attenuation: 15dB
- Phantom Power Current (per jack): 10 mA
- Voltage: 48V ±1V
- Threshold: 10dBu
- Compression Ratio: 4:1
- Fast Attack Time: 0.3ms
- Fast Release Time: 100ms
- Slow Attack Time: 2.0ms
- Slow Release Time: 1100ms
- Note: all specifications are typical performance unless otherwise noted. Unless otherwise noted, all specifications are 20Hz-20kHz, minimum gain, maximum level, 24-bits, all switches in neutral or off mode, 100% solid state, -1dBFS output.
- THD+N (-1dBFS): -100dB (0.001%)
- SNR (A-Wt): 110dB
- Dynamic Range (-60dBFS, A-wt): 110dB
- Frequency response: +0.1/-0.15dB
- Stereo Phase: <0.3 deg
- THD+N (-1dBFS): -103dB (0.0007%)
- SNR (A-Wt): 117dB
- Dynamic Range (-60dBFS, A-Wt): 117dB
- Frequency response: ±0.1dB
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.