- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Universal Audio Apollo x8p Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26764 000000000 L26764000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x8p distinguishes itself with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic e...Click To Read More About This Product
Apollo Plug-In Promotion
Buy any new Universal Audio Apollo between July 1st and September 30th, 2020 and receive up to nine top-selling UAD plug-ins and Unison preamp/channel strips Free.
Offer expires 09/30/20Download Rebate
Elite audio conversion with new HEXA Core processing and surround sound monitoring
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x8p distinguishes itself with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing—yielding 50 percent more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time. In addition to its elite audio conversion, Apollo x8p features optimized level compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and a built-in talkback mic.
The Apollo X series is a for Universal Audio’s award-winning Apollo interface, allowing music producers and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring—all in a sleek Thunderbolt 3 interface for Mac** or PC. The Apollo x8p is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 on Mac computers with an adapter.
The Apollo x8p comes with the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
Precision Enhancer Hz
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
LUNA Recording System for Mac
Included as a free download with all UA Thunderbolt audio interfaces, the LUNA Recording System is designed to give Apollo owners the most natural, inspiring and analog-sounding music production environment available for Mac. This digital system integrates directly with the hardware to deliver analog sound and creative immediacy. It uses real-time processes more commonly associated with analog recording, versus typical digital audio workstation (DAW) workflows.
Deep Integration With the Apollo Interface
In addition to its seamless hardware-software integration with Apollo and Arrow, the LUNA Recording System allows capturing audio through DSP-powered UAD plug-ins with no discernible latency. The system also includes Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, which provides fast analog-style tracking and overdubbing workflows using Apollo’s onboard DSP acceleration. LUNA's deep Apollo integration will be a revelation for anyone who has not recorded music on a highly expensive, DSP-assisted recording system. LUNA makes music production feel more robust, dependable and intuitive, without latency and monitoring hassles.
Extensions Built Directly Into the Software
The LUNA system works with a variety of exclusive LUNA extensions, including two that come free with download. These are not plug-ins that require multiple instances and windows—they are controlled from within the app. The Oxide LUNA extension comes free with download and features multitrack tape emulation, bringing the warmth and punch of tape to any audio or instrument track. For those who want to delve deeper into magnetic tape sounds, there is the Studer A800 multichannel tape recorder extension (sold separately). Other available options include the Neve Summing extension, which recreates the audio summing circuitry of the Neve 80-Series audio mixing consoles designed by Neve Electronics in the 1960s and early 70s.
LUNA Virtual Instruments
LUNA also features the first-ever virtual instruments from Universal Audio. Using their expertise in electrical and acoustic modeling, sampling, synthesis and signal processing, UA was able to make their LUNA instruments realistic, responsive and "alive." Free with download, LUNA includes the Shape creative toolkit with modern and vintage keys, drums/percussion, guitar/bass, orchestral content and real-time synthesis, courtesy of Universal Audio, Spitfire Audio, Orange Tree Samples, Loops de la Creme and more. Sold separately are premium instruments including the Moog Minimoog synthesizer and the Ravel grand piano, which is based on UA-exclusive samples of a Steinway Model B.
Other features include auto-saving, UAD and AU compatibility, auto-saving and AAF session imports from other DAWs. The LUNA system is free to all owners of Thunderbolt-equipped Universal Audio interfaces including Apollo and Arrow. It requires a modern Mac running macOS Mojave or later.
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Includes free download of integrated LUNA Recording System for Mac
- Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment and pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Switchable +24 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
- Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more
Call or click to order today.
- Compatibility: Mac / Windows
- Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3*
- Host Ports 2
- Realtime UAD Processing: Yes
- SHARC DSP: HEXA (6)
- Unison Mic Preamps: 8
- Unison Hi-Z Inputs: 2
- Total I/O: 16 x 22
- Digital I/O: 8 ADAT (optical TOSLINK); 2 S/PDIF
- Monitor Outputs: 2 TRS
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo
- Monitor Modes: Stereo to 7.1*
- Alt Speakers: Up to 2 Stereo
- Built-in Talkback Mic: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.