- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II Classic Tube Recording Channel
- Write a Review
- 250012 000000000 250012000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The LA-610 by Universal Audio defined the affordable, ultimate vintage tone channel strip. So how can UA improve on tonal perfection on what was alre...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An industry-standard channel strip from the father of pro audio, updated with user-requested features.
The LA-610 by Universal Audio defined the affordable, ultimate vintage tone channel strip. So how can UA improve on tonal perfection on what was already a hit product? Enter the sequel...LA-610 Mk II, a second-generation revamp of the original 2005 LA-610 design. While the preamp and compressor are identical to the original LA-610 that professionals have come to know and love, additional features have been added such as true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal, and an auto-sensing power supply. The LA-610 Mk II also features the highly popular black-on-black cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
The original UA 610 tube mic pre and EQ have been used to record artists ranging from Frank Sinatra to Eddie Van Halen. It's a sound that never gets old - just better - thanks to the spirit of Bill Putnam and modern advances in electronics design.
- Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Classic Recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
- Complete vintage channel-strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and Instrument DI for recording tone "color"
- Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- MK II Improvements:
- True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
- Larger and Better Lit Metering
- Improved Output Signal Performance
- Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
- Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
- Improved consistency with Input Gain values
- LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
- Mic, Line and Hi-Z Input, Line Output
- Dual Impedance Mic and Hi-Z inputs (Mic: 2K, 500OHMS, Hi-Z: 2.2M, 47Kohms)
- 5 position Stepped Preamp Input Gain, Continuous Preamp Output Level
- -15dB Pad Switch (15dB Pad/Off)
- Phase reverse (0/180)
- 48 volt Phantom Power switch (+48v/Off)
- ± 9 dB stepped High Shelving Filter (4.5, 7, 10 kHz)
- ± 9 dB stepped Low Shelving Filter (70, 100, 200 Hz)
- T4 Optical Compressor with Continuous Peak Reduction and Makeup Gain
- Compress/Limit/Bypass Modes of Dynamic Operation (3:1 / ?: 1)
- Meter Source Selector Switch (Preamp/Gain Reduction/Compressor)
- Front Panel Power switch (On/Off)
- Custom Altran and Cinemag Transformers
Get Universal Audio's hit-making tube/optocompressor sound to warm up your DAW on cold nights — and pay an incredibly low price for this premium pro audio gear!
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 Ohms or 2k Ohms
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 20k Ohms
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable, 2.2M Ohms or 47k Ohms
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: -8 dBu (2K input Imp. & 15 dB Pad in)
- Maximum Output Level: 80 Ohms
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ± 0.5dB
- Maximum Gain: 40 dB (Line), +77dB (Mic)
- Noise Floor: -72 dBu 20 - 20kHz (Line In, unity Gain)
- Compressor Ratio: 3:1, soft knee, program dependent
- Limiter Ratio: ?: 1, soft knee, program dependent
- Attack Time: 10 ms, program dependent
- Release Time: Dual stage: 60 ms for 1st release, then 1 - 15 sec.
- Tube Complement: (3) 12AX7, (1) 12AT7, (1) EL84
- Power Requirements: 100V / 120V / 240V
- Power Consumption: 30 Watts
- Power Connector: Detachable IEC power cable
- Dimensions: 19" W x 3.5" H x 12.25" D (two rack spaces)
- Weight:12 lbs.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.