- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD - FireWire DSP Accelerator
- Write a Review
- Product H70626
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The powerful UAD-2 Satellite QUAD puts the world' finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of FireWire 800- and 400-equipped Macs”including...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
UA's powered plug-ins and DSP processing come to FireWire-equipped computers.
The powerful UAD-2 Satellite QUAD puts the world' finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of FireWire 800- and 400-equipped Macs”including Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros, and Mac minis. In developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA' DSP engineers worked with leading hardware manufacturers”using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears”to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD allows you to run large, complex mixes without taxing your host computer.
Bundled with the LA-2A and 1176LN Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A EQ plug-ins, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD provides rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. Of course, the UAD-2 Satellite also provides easy FireWire access to the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including titles from Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Lexicon, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately).
Compatible with select iMacs, MacBook Pros, and Mac minis, with support for VST, Audio Units, and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD features wide compatibility. Whether you use Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, and more, UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 or 400 port, power up, and start mixing.
Developed by a premier engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers, and engineers.
- External Firewire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros, and Mac minis
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Run complex, professional mixes in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more
- Doesn't tax host computer CPU
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible
- Combine UAD-2 Satellite devices with UAD-1 and UAD-2 PCI/PCIx/PCIe cards in a single system
- High-bandwidth Firewire DSP Accelerator with four Analog Devices SHARC processors
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
- 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty