- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Valley People Dyna-Mite 500 Series Compressor/Limiter
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J02297 000000000 J02297000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The dyna-mite is the workhorse of the Valley product line. It was designed to solve problems during tracking and mixdown. In its peak limit mode, the...Click To Read More About This Product
Boutique compression and limiting.
The dyna-mite is the workhorse of the Valley product line. It was designed to solve problems during tracking and mixdown. In its peak limit mode, the dyna-mite could respond to transients in around 6 microseconds, while in the average mode, the integration time was closer to 10 ms. This doesn't mean it took 10 ms to respond to transient information, it just allowed some of the fast rising waveforms to pass through while it integrated them in order to adjust its gain.
The result is a really fast limiter that doesn't "squash" the processed program, or a very unobtrusive average limiter that could perform 20 or more dB of gain reduction without producing large amounts of objectionable dynamic distortion. There is gain recovery coupling in the control, so it works as a high ratio compressor when the threshold is adjusted down below 0 dB, which is its nominal rotation point.
As an expander and gate, the dyna-mite is exceptional due to the presence of the auto-release circuit, which was originally called Anticipatory Release. This circuit prevented the release circuit from interfering with the attacking portion of the control waveform, yet was capable of very fast release times when the device was not being called on to open up to unity gain by a rising signal wavefront.
- Fast limiting
- Low dynamic distortion
- Expander/gate function
Order now and bring the sheen of pro processing into your mixes.
- Signal Input Impedance: 94 kohm in parallel with 47 pF balanced, or 47 kohm in parallel with 47 pF unbalanced
- Input Level for +4 dB Output: Nominally -II dB + 19 dB @ 1kHz sine input in bypass; -59 dB to +24 dB in limiting
- Maximum Input Level Before Clipping: +24 db
- External Input Impedance: Same as signal input specification
- Maximum External Input: Sensitivity: -40 dB for ducking and keying (depends upon threshold setting)
- Output Impedance: 40 ohm unbalanced
- Maximum Output Level: +21 dBm (600 ohm) Quiescent Distortion @ +10dB Input:0.04% 1kHz THD@ unity gain
- Front Panel Controls: THRESHOLD -40 dB to +20 dB; RELEASE 0.05 s to 5 s/20 dB; RANGE 0 dB to -60 dB; OUTPUT -15 dB to + 15 dB
- Front Panel Switches: pk/avg/gate DET (detector);
- int/ds-fm/ext DET (source);
- limit/out/exp MODE
- LINK (connects control circuitry of both channels for stereo operation) POWER On , Off (as indicated by "power on " LED)
- Metering: 8 LED gain reduction meter
- 1 LED clip warning indicator
- Output Noise and Hum (@ unity gain, source impedance 1000 ohm) -83 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.