Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Vienna Symphonic Library Bosendorfer Upright Full Library (Download)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
- Flexible Financing
Multi-mic collection capturing the legendary, pure and rich Bösendorfer sound.
Viennese Tradition of Piano MakingAlthough physically an upright piano, the Grand Upright 130 features surprising nuances and powerful bass. It has a pure and pristine sound without further tonal colors usually added by the large body of a concert grand. Bösendorfer uses more than 80% naturally dried resonant spruce wood to build an instrument. When a note is played, the components become acoustically active. This forms a complete resonating body similar to a violin. The carefully hand-spun bass strings—steel core strings with one or two layers of copper—also add to its warm and sonorous sound.
8 Microphone PositionsTo capture the Bösendorfer Grand Upright 130 in Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna, engineers used multiple high-end microphone arrays. This affords a variety of options for shaping your individual sound. Even if you're not using a surround setup, you get more ambience variations and spatial depth out of the Full Library by adding the room and surround microphones' signals to your stereo mix. The "Close" and "MID" microphone positions are ideal for a more player-oriented mix.
- Close 1/Small Condenser: “ORTF” setup with a pair of Schoeps MK4 aiming at the perfect representation of the player’s listening position.
- Close 2/Ribbon: “Blumlein” setup of a Royer SF24 for a fast, direct and vintage sound.
- Close 3/Large Condenser: “Quasi AB” setup of a Neumann TLM 170 with broad cardioids. This is ideal for producing the typical pop piano sound.
- MID 1/Condenser: “ORTF” setup with Sennheiser MKH40 behind the piano for a warm and dark timbre.
- MID 2/Sphere: The KFM 6 Sphere setup aims at the perfect representation of the entire dynamic range of an ideally balanced piano.
- Main/Room Mic Stereo: Decca Tree array (L-C-R) with three Neumann KM133 mics. Used in a stereo mix, you can easily hear where the piano is placed. In a surround setup, the Decca tree microphones will feed your front L-R speakers.
- Main Room Mic Mono: Neumann KM133 mic
- Main Surround: Wide A-B stereo setup with two KM184 cardioid microphones. In a surround setup, these signals would be used for your rear speakers.
Customize Your Personal SoundIn addition to the multitude of options from mixing various microphone signals, the Bösendorfer Upright comes with the free Vienna Synchron Pianos software. This offers multiple options for shaping your sound and playing experience. Hosting a high-performance playback engine, Vienna Synchron provides a full mixer with a broad range of effects. Effects include EQ, compression, saturation, algorithmic reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, rotary and many more. You may also adjust the volume of body resonances, sympathetic strings and pedal noises right in the main Play window. In the Edit window you can even tweak EQ, volume, tuning, dynamic range, etc. for each individual key.
- Advanced Release Sample Technology offers clear and uninhibited sound
- Stellar clarity in each note, wide dynamic range, rich tone with a powerful bass
- Versatility in sound and timbre with 8 mic positions—recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Pre-configured Main Presets: Concert, Intimate, Player, Pop, Ambience, Vintage
Call or click to download today.
Bosendorfer Upright Full Library (Download) Specifications:
- Sample Amount: 119,464
- Download File Size: 28.7 GB
- Installed File Size: 99.4 GB
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free hard drive space: 99.4 GB (individual microphone data can be removed)
- (Other configurations may work but are not actively supported)
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM
- 88 key master keyboard
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.