Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Warm Audio Bus Compressortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The magic touch for stereo mixes.
The BUS-COMP will perform well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and an array of other sources. The BUS-COMP is primarily designed for stereo use, but it can be used just as successfully on individual mono sources. VCA compressors of this type have become widely loved for their ability to control dynamics effortlessly but also for the added tone and depth they provide to the audio signal that passes through them, even when no compression is applied.
Re-creating legendary VCA compressor technology was the focus of the BUS-COMP’s design, however, adding options and improvements was just as important to us during its development. One feature is the BUS-COMP’s ability to have USA made CineMag transformers inserted into the signal path driven by fully discrete operational amplifiers. With a single push of a front panel switch, these custom USA made transformers are inserted into the audio path providing increased depth, tone and vibe!
As with all of Warm Audio products, the BUS-COMP was designed with a price point in mind. With efficient, modern manufacturing techniques they bring this boutique quality, classic VCA compressor to the market at a quality-to-price ratio previously unseen. More studios than ever before will now have access to analog quality VCA compression. The desire is for all musicians to be heard the way they want to be heard and the BUS-COMP is a perfect tool to perfect any mix.
Make it the best you can. Order some Warm Audio today.
Bus Compressor Specifications:
- All analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA compressor
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic console range
- External side chain source select
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter: 30, 60, 105, 125, 185 Hz
- Compressor engage switch for easy A/B compress vs no-compress comparison
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and endless other sources
- Can be used on stereo as well as individual mono sources
- THAT 2180 VCA's
- Optimally provides both XLR and TRS connectivity
- Noise: < -90dBu
- Headroom: > +29dBu, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: > 120dB
- Frequency Response: 18Hz – 22kHz
- THD + Noise, 20Hz – 20kHz, +20dBu input: < 05%
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.