- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Warm Audio WA-412 - Classic 4-Channel Mic Pre
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J48514 000000000 J48514000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The WA-412 provides four channels of classic American console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of preamp is appreciated for its punchy low e...Click To Read More About This Product
Four-channel pre with swappable op-amps.
The WA-412 provides four channels of classic American console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of preamp is appreciated for its punchy low end and smooth open top end. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin op-amps and custom-wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired if you are looking for multiple channels of world class tone in an affordable package.
Discrete op-amp circuitry is known for its high headroom and low distortion characteristics, and has much to do with the coveted sound of these classic console preamps. Warm Audio’s input and output transformers are made in the USA by high-end transformer manufacturer, Altran. Warm worked closely with Altran to create unique transformers that extend the low frequency response of the design. These transformers also use a vintage winding technique that produces a distinct smooth and open character.
Carefully choosing the WA-412 components has resulted in an amazing four-channel ‘workhorse’ preamp/DI that performs at the highest levels, while still adding a touch of vintage console magic to your signal.
- 4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier + Instrument DI
- Fully discrete, transformer coupled, through-hole component topology
- Altran USA custom-wound, premium input and output transformers
- X520 discrete op-amp in every channel, socketed for convenience
- User-replacable op-amps with most 6 pin, discrete op-amps
- 65 dB of gain
- Inputs - Microphone XLR and Active Instrument 2 mOhm HI-Z
- Outputs - Transformer balanced XLR and TRS
- Input impedance switches from 600 ohms to 150 ohms
- -20db pad - pads both mic and instrument DI inputs
- +48 volt phantom power
- LED metering
- Output trim knob for precise level control and tone sculpting
- Internal power supply (grounded, 3-pin IEC cord)
Four reasonably priced channels of vintage preamp.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.