Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Warm Audio WA-87 R2 Condenser Microphone Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Price Drop
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An affordable, multi-pattern, 87-style condenser.
The WA-87 is based on the classic '60s circuit widely considered one of the finest studio microphones ever designed. Warm Audio spent countless hours honing in on the sound of the vintage version. The WA-87 R2 uses top-quality components like a NOS Fairchild transistor and high-bandwidth polystyrene and film capacitors from Wima. A redesigned Cinemag USA output transformer provides a slightly increased output level and improved frequency response. The R2 maintains the same capsule the WA-87 uses, which was designed to the exact specifications of those found in the vintage mics. The result is an incredibly accurate sonic replica of what is arguably the most widely used studio microphone in popular recording history.
Encased in a heavier, stronger and larger nickel-plated brass body, the WA-87 R2 has a new rounded head basket shape which adds additional space around the capsule for a more pleasing sonic signature. With authentic vintage warmth and a smooth detailed top end, Warm Audio believes this mic performs on par with microphones costing five times as much or more. As with the mic from which it takes its inspiration, the WA-87 R2 excels at recording virtually anything—vocals, drum overheads, guitars, piano, auxiliary percussion, brass, strings and more. Three polar patterns (cardioid, omni, and figure 8) make sure you’re covered for a wide variety of applications, and an 80Hz high pass filter reduces low frequency rumble if needed. The switchable -10dB pad comes in handy when you want to record extremely loud sources and not overload the internal electronics.
- Large-diaphragm studio condenser microphone, with a faithful reproduction of the original vintage 87-style circuit
- All discrete premium components, including NOS Fairchild transistors and WIMA/Nichicon capacitors.
- Custom Cinemag USA output transformer
- WA-87-B-50V capsule—reproduction of classic dual backplate (four-wire termination) K87 capsule
- Nickel-plated brass body
Upgrade your studio with this 87-style condenser today.
WA-87 R2 Condenser Microphone Specifications:Audio
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Max SPL: 132dB
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Multi-pattern
- Type: Mounted
- Switches: Pattern, -10dB Pad, High-pass
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Diameter: 1"
- Length: Not Available
- Weight: 6 lb.
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: No
- Cable: No
- Stand: No
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.