- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha CBR12 12" Speaker Pair
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20562 000000000 J20562000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This compact, lightweight speaker pair is the perfect solution for numerous applications equipped with a 12" LF driver and a 1" HF driver. It is exce...Click To Read More About This Product
A mid-sized pair of passive mains.
This compact, lightweight speaker pair is the perfect solution for numerous applications equipped with a 12" LF driver and a 1" HF driver. It is excellent for installment applications, as its cabinet material is lightweight and durable, and its grill will protect the speakers from the hazards of venue life. It is great for mobile applications as well, again because of its light weight and rugged construction. This item is a pair of CBR12s, ideal passive speakers for common small club audience sizes.
The CBR Series was developed by adopting the extensive knowledge of speaker design and acoustic technologies that Yamaha has accrued over a long and storied history of making speakers of every kind. Combining a meticulous materials selection process, thorough customization of the audio components, and a fresh, innovative approach to speaker design, the engineering team's primary focus was to deliver high-power, high-definition sound in a highly portable and versatile design that is equally at home in front-of-house, floor monitoring, or rigged configurations.
Custom Designed Transducers and Wide-Dispersion Constant Directivity Horn
CBR Series speakers come equipped with carefully selected and customized transducers that feature a highly responsive woofer and a precise 2.5 compression driver (CBR15) or 2compression driver (CBR10 and CBR12), ensuring consistent high-definition sound with minimal distortion even at high output levels. Additionally, a newly designed wide-dispersion constant directivity horn minimizes the radiation pattern deterioration in oblique directions that more conventional horns are prone to, allowing sound to expand in a more rectangular pattern, evenly dispersing wide-frequency sound to the outer-most edges of the coverage area.
HF Protection and Highly Responsive LF Unit for Reliable Performance at Any Output Level
Have you ever blown your speakers by cranking up the output levels beyond your speakers capabilities? CBR Series speakers employ a protection function that limits excessive input to the HF unit. This valuable protection circuit affords you worry-free operation of your speakers when you need them most. Combined with a highly responsive LF unit, CBR Series speakers reliably deliver clear, precise sound at any output level.
Rugged, Highly Portable Enclosure Design
CBR Series speakers feature a very compact, durable, and lightweight plastic cabinet equipped with newly designed, ergonomic handles that greatly minimize system transport and setup. In addition, all CBR models feature a sleek, steel front grille that seamlessly blends in with installation aesthetics while protecting the vital inner speaker components from environmental hazards.
CBR Series speakers are equipped with one speakON jack and one 1/4" Phone jack that allow for fast and easy connectivity in both personal and professional environments.
Smart Enclosure Design for Floor Monitoring
The CBR Series speakers feature an optimized 50 wedge angle for floor monitoring. In addition, the CBR12 and CBR15's symmetrical shape allows for effortless configuration of a mirror-mode floor monitoring system for a larger and more defined sweet spot.
Rigging Points for Installation Applications
CBR loudspeakers come equipped with M8 rigging points, allowing for rigged applications with optional speaker brackets or standardized eye-bolts.
- Lightweight and durable
- Easily flown, mounted or placed on stands
- Protective grille
- Efficient and loud
- Warm lows and crisp highs
Order today and enjoy a high quality, low profile solution to your passive loudspeaker requirements.
- Speaker type: 2-way Speaker, Bass-reflex Type
- Frequency range (-10dB): 48 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal coverage
- H: 90
- V: 60
- Components: LF: 12" Cone, 2" Voice Coil (Ferrite Magnet)
- HF: 1.4" Voice Coil, Compression Driver (Ferrite Magnet)
- Crossover: 2.1 kHz
- Power rating: NOISE: 175W
- PGM: 350W
- PEAK: 700W
- Nominal impedance: 8Î
- SPL: Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis): 96dB SPL
- Peak (Calculated): 125 dB SPL
- I/O connectors:
- 1/4" Phone x 1, speakON NL4MP x 1
- Cabinet material: Plastic
- Finish: Black
- Handle: Side x 2
- Flying and mounting hardware: Bottom x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M8 x 15mm Eyebolts)
- Pole socket: Î¦35 mmBottom x 1
- Dimensions: W: 376mm (14.8")
- H: 601mm (23.7")
- D: 348mm (13.7")
- Net weight: 13.9 kg (30.6 lbs)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.